minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 29/03/24 01:18:45 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook.Biz
Wetlook-Online

Message # 25097.2.1.1.1

Subject: Angry Re:Hey, I do not. I luv my IE6....

Date: Fri 06/10/06 11:39:20 GMT

Name: WETINRED us

Email: stekz@cableone.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
...despite some of the few quirks in it, none of those quirks have affected the performance for all the stuff I do on my pc's. As far as IE saving .bmp's all of a sudden? yes it used to do that occasionally, but it would go back to normal after 12-24 hours. So it was always no big deal, lol. Some things about any kind of browsers are unexplainable, including FF. But, thats cuz the creators are only human. There is no such animal as a "Perfect" browser. Despite what u say, Darret Wink Smile
In reply to Message (25097.2.1.1) Info I don't believe so...

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Fri 06/10/06 10:43:12 GMT

Firstly, only the very occasional idiot uses Windows Bitmap (BMP) for the Web. A copy of IE that wants to save all images as BMP is *BROKEN*. This is a common failure with Windows: Internet Explorer, or the various other parts of the system that really make it up (IE is a bolted-together collection of parts) go wrong and it wants to save everything as BMP. (Though by the sounds of it, it may only do this with JPEG images... I forget quite what formats I've tried to save on every PC where IE has decided to do this, but JPEG will have been one of them)

Secondly, no, most sites on the Web, and most images on Flickr are NOT protected. And since with Webshots we all save by opening a raw JPEG using the View Full Size button, clearly those are also not protected. This sounds like a major problem has developed in IE.

The simple problem is that Internet Explorer is complete crap. It's quite prone to developing peculiar problems. Since it cannot be either uninstalled or reinstalled, and is composed of a huge bin of parts shared with other apps and parts of the system, would be a pain to attempt to cure. You can probably uninstall/reinstall other known components to help. Better still, re-install Windows. Sometimes there are fixes. WetInRed found that IE suddenly stopped viewing PNG images (which are quite commonplace on the Web). I know I've had IE display that problem. In his case, months later I finally realised: if he tells the QuickTime plugin to handle PNG, it will bypass IE and show the images. That worked. No idea why it broke, but he has the worst, screwed up copy of IE I've known. For no good reason.

But generally, the answer is the same now as always: stop using it. I'd probably recommend Opera as the browser of choice -- Opera or Firefox. (There isn't a whole lot else, mind) I find Firefox flaky and unreliable too but it has such a huge devoted fanbase that it can't be all that bad and for average users it's fine. Opera is relatively obscure by comparison but it does look a lot better built and has all sorts of goodies not found in Firefox like per-site controls and Paste-and-Go (I love that one).

In reply to Message (25097.2.1) Hello Re: saving pictures problem

By Anonymous - sx Fri 06/10/06 00:44:07 GMT

This is due to the web creator placing a transparent gif over the top of the pic(BMP) i think if you look in the temp files you should find the image you are after.

Goto Tools - Internet options

Click Delete files

Reload the page

Go Back to Tools - Internet options

Click settings

Click veiw files

A list of all the files that make up that page should be shown

In reply to Message (25097.2) Hello Re: saving pictures problem

By swampy - ex Fri 06/10/06 00:16:19 GMT

Hi I may be wrong here but are the pics copy protected so as to stop ppl saving them?

Maybe a wet producer can advise on this as I have had a similar problem I use IE5.

In reply to Message (25097) Question saving pictures problem

By Desert Hawk - us Thu 05/10/06 22:41:14 GMT

When it comes to webshots, flickr, photobucket, or even a web page, I have no trouble saving anything that is "bitmap".  When I right click and then select save, as long as "bitmap (BMP)" comes up, no problem.  However, if "gif" or"art" come up, I can;'t save it.  If I attempt to save it, a blank goes into the "my pictures" folder.  Even if I click on the "save as type" box and manually select "bitmap", it still saves a blank.  

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.012 seconds to generate ]