MyWetloook

Message # 24999.3.1

Subject: Hello Re: I got it STEVE !!!!! Advertising folks better read

Date: Mon 02/10/06 09:29:40 GMT

Name: MK us

Email: wamtec@compuserve.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Interesting observations. It's a pity we cannot do what the mainstream movie industry does...i.e. "product placement"....where companies will pay the film producers to place their products into the script. Many films (especially the James Bond series) get totally pre-financed by product placement advertisers before they even start shooting....i.e. for Bond films, they can get Coca Cola and Rolex and BMW and Jaguar, and over 100 different products placed into the storyline, and they collect 100 million dollars from these companies upfront....so the film has already made a profit before anybody actually sees the film.

However...it is unlikely that Levi Jeans or Hanes underwear and pantyhose will want us to place their products into our videos....ha ha.

also....when you say...

> Folks, we spend in the thousands in not the 10s of thousands to bring you quality wetlook.  

Not true for me....we have been spending 10's of thousands every year since 1992....we spend 5 figures every year. I cannot remember the last time we did a video project for less than 10 grand.

> Anyone care to take a stab in the dark what OBSCENE amounts of money we invested in this project to bring 15 people on a cruise to Jamaica to shoot

>wetlook????    

I am sure it was a pretty decent amount.....but I am sure it is not as much as I spent in 1995 when I took 18 people (10 models and 8 crew) to the Bahamas for one week...where we rented a house on a private island and spent a week doing shoots there. That one week cost me 55 grand. I also did a one week shoot in Negril, Jamaica in 1994 with 8 girls and 4 crew, and that cost 30 grand too.

>Not to mention the BAR TAB!!!!!!!   lol.

Yeah,,,,tell me about it....I have had to pay bar tabs in the 4-5 grand range too.

MK

In reply to Message (24999.3) Wink Smile Re: I got it STEVE !!!!! Advertising folks better read

By InterWet2001 - us Sun 01/10/06 07:07:02 GMT

Sam

As you know, I spent over 10 years of my life in radio and TV.  I see your logic, however I also see one major difference.   Our product delivery systems are not the same. We operate, not as radio/TV stations would (in terms of advertising) but more like newspapers and magazines---we offer a tangible physical product, not just a service which is still there regardless.  The print media doesn't make its money from subscriptions.  Lord, no; they'd be bankrupt in 6 months.  They make their money from the almighty ad. True.  So we, the wetlook producers, find ourselves on BOTH sides of the economic equation here.  We have a product to sell (wetlook videos and /or stills).  In theory,  WE should be out advertising OUR products.  Yet, at the same time,  we are the media outlet (websites) where others should advertise with us. We find ourselves in a most precarious position.  You can't make much money by advertising your product on YOUR site; there's no revenue being generated.  In our case, our sites ARE our ads.

So what's the answer?  (Oh, you want answers, too????)  In reality, there isn't one.  I would challenge ANY wetlook producer to argue that building and maintaining a website, cameras & accessories, and most importantly MODEL'S FEES, is a very expensive proposition.  Folks, we spend in the thousands in not the 10s of thousands to bring you quality wetlook.  On top of that, you all know that Liquid Ladies, Wet In Red, Girls Next Door/REG Productions, and yours truly, Interwet2001, all came together to do the "Wetlook Cruise 2006" a couple of weeks ago. Anyone care to take a stab in the dark what OBSCENE amounts of money we invested in this project to bring 15 people on a cruise to Jamaica to shoot wetlook????    Not to mention the BAR TAB!!!!!!!   lol.

I have seen my stills (duh!) and WIR's stills.  I think everyone is going to enjoy our labours.  

Remeber, friends, we can't easily advertise anywhere besides forums like this one and our own websites.  We do NOT like the thought of ads any more than you do. We are, however, faced with quite a financial challenge.  We all have a stats feature on our sites.  We know how many of you visit us.  We know you're out there.  There's a veritable plethera (ya like that one???) of free samples available.  You know our work.  Look at the price tag of most wetlook products.  Pretty inexpensive by comparison to a lot of things out there.  And, it's more enjoyable than cable TV.

We depend on YOU to buy our products which offsets our costs of bringing the products to you and allows us to re-invest in bringing you more wetlook later.  We don't want ads; you don't want ads.  We're there for you.  Please be there for us.  If not, you will see sites dropping off one by one.  As a professional photographer, I'd rather be shooting wetlook for you than be couped up here in the office shooting really ugly family portraits!

Take care all.  Cruise pics and updates should be out shortly.

Gregg.  IW2001

In reply to Message (24999) Info I got it STEVE !!!!! Advertising folks better read

By Liquidladies/Waterlogged Production - weinerking@bellsouth.net us Sat 30/09/06 10:52:27 GMT

In reply to all the threads of money, cost and no appreciation to running sites and recouping cost.   I have the brainstorm which would benefit us, but the viewer may loose out.

I use to do radio advertising and when I put my old experience to use, why NOT sell commercial ads on the liquifladies site

to generate cost revenues.    Clothing line, swimsuits, maybe swimming pool places...Just  one  small picture/ad on the pages.  Not necessarily pop ups, but a placed ad kida like Nigel has.     

I am afraid like many things of the free world, this is the wave of the future.    Look ad free radio...free,  but you have so damn many commercial....Now recently I purchased sattalitte radio from sirius  and love it..   I PAY  for it,  but no

commercial bullshit.....This  could be happening to LL if we don't offset the cost  of sales and see how many people

really appreciate the work we do for this community.

Your thoughts/comments are welcomed below.....(WK)

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.018 seconds to generate ]