minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 29/03/24 10:54:20 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook-Online
Wetlook-Online

Message # 24533.5.1.1

Subject: Note Try it now!! If we're lucky we'll convince WIR too...

Date: Fri 01/09/06 15:46:21 GMT

Name: Telcontar gb

Email: mrnemesis@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
http://www.getfirefox.com/ -- and http://www.opera.com/ if you want to try Opera too.

And yes, in Firefox, go to Tools > Page Info, and select the Media tab. Here, you can save any item on the page to disc, such as an embedded video or an image. The AdBlock (and AdBlock Plus, but it's slower) plugin also has many great uses besides blocking ads, such as blocking the annoying ratings stars at another forum.

Like I said earlier, I accidentally closed a WWF add reply tab, and the Undoclosetab extension let me not only re-open the tab, but it brought back all my text I'd typed, too.

SessionSaver lets you restore the browser exactly as it was (including all text you've typed) if it crashes or even if you need to restart Windows; Opera also saves and restores all open pages after a quit, although I prefer Firefox.

Tabbed browsing, so you can open lots of pages in the same window, saving taskbar space. Each open page shows the site's icon (if it has one) in the tab for rapid visual recognition when you have many pages open. Often, the icon colour alone is an instant guide to where that tab went.

The time to abandon Internet Explorer was always here. IE is not worth using until it finally has some features. You *could* try IE 7 beta, but I would caution against it UNLESS it A) has decent support for Net standards such as full HTML 4.0/XHTML and CSS2 compliance, and B) is actually reasonably secure! Firefox and Opera do not have IE's security holes and their Web standards compliance is vaguely reasonable.

Any decent Web designer will tell you (often at great length) how abominable IE is and how much of an utter pain it is to work with it, given how much it outright ignores and violates Web standards, making reliable Web authoring extremely hard. So the more people who abandon it, the greater the light at the end of the tunnel of no longer having to deal with its sorry state.

So, take your pick of enticement: helping make the Web a better place, or just having a browser with so very many more features and a substantially more pleasing browsing experience.

In reply to Message (24533.5.1) Thumbs Up Oh, wow, when will I FINALLY try Firefox?

By the chiller - de Fri 01/09/06 13:37:38 GMT

Seems it does some things a lot better than I.E. Your explanation is quite interesting and useful.

Thanks!

In reply to Message (24533.5) Idea Saving flickr images

By xbertx1 - bertel@w4ymail.com de Fri 01/09/06 13:08:01 GMT

As I can remember Flickr uses a little trick to prevent saving some pictures. They overlay the original image with a transparent gif. So you can see the image but if you try to save it you only get the transparent gif. To avoid that I use Firefox and Adblock which blocks the transparent gif from loading. So I have access to the original image. For really complicated cases Firefox offers saving images in a site by opening the site's properties dialog. There is a tab calles Media where all images are listed and can be viewed and also saved. Sadly I don't know of any similar functions in IE.
In reply to Message (24533) Hello One pic & one techn. question

By the chiller - de Thu 31/08/06 14:29:30 GMT

Hi there,

I'm still upset about this wetshots - server thing. Finally they decided to make any pic saving

even MORE uncomfortable. Fine then. So let's move to somewhere else and maybe even better...

---> For those of you who - maybe - don't know:

At the left corner of this picture (link below) is an Icon 'all sizes' . Click on it - now you CAN save that pic.

Not all images on Flickr are 'public' , whatever that means. When there's no icon, the pic won't be

saveable. Could someone please tell me, how to save then? Copy & paste or even drag & drop won't work this time! (I.E.)

Hey Rumpel, this one's for you! ;)

Maybe someone else likes?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coertman/35338147/

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.123 seconds to generate ]