Wetlook-Online

Message # 24486.3.1.2.1.1.2

Subject: Hello Re: Oh God, another one!

Date: Thu 31/08/06 14:38:37 GMT

Name: Alex us

Email: alex@wetlookpro.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
First of all, let me quote a response by someone else to you saying "I gave Nigel a contribution, have you Alex?"

That user replied to you: "The advertising banner on the page on which I read your post was by Wetlook Pro. In full, "Sponsored by <Wetlook Pro banner>". I very often see Wetlook Pro banners at the top of pages, so they must be a pretty reasonable sponsor. (Wetlook Online and Messy Online are another)"

Do you see that it's not just me but others have noticed that you're not very reasonable with your comments? A simple logical chain of thoughts would have spared you the embracement of being pointed out the obvious.

Secondly, I don't care to read your long reply about how YOU THINK my business or this forum is ran. I glanced through it, but I see the same crap that any freeloader gives me for not handing over everything for free.

Thirdly, don't try to suggest that I'm in any way ungrateful to Nigel, this forum or any other advertisement outlet that I have. I am. So, let's get that other misconception from your head right now.

Lastly, it is kinna sad that you keep replying to my messages without reading them. If you would have read my posts you wouldn't have accused me of "taking advantage of this forum". If you would have read those - you would have known that not only I have not made my regular revenues that week ( which are tiny as is ) but my whole goal for that post was to create something fun for this forum. I know it didn't turn out that way, but my intentions were good.

Alex

In reply to Message (24486.3.1.2.1.1) Read This Re: Oh God, another one!

By soak_ed - soak_ed@hotmail.com de Thu 31/08/06 11:20:37 GMT

Alex,

O.K., I feel compelled to adress your problem.  I have tried to hold my tongue except an occasional comment on your tactics but I do believe you have gone too far.  What you are doing is exactly what MAK has said.  You are taking advantage of this forum and the fact that a lot of the visitors to this forum are naive to your tactics.  It is a fact, not a presumption or "mind reading" that Nigel does indeed sponsor at no charge this forum and it is also a fact that he runs a business that produces wetlook videos.  I cannot believe that there are too many businesses that would donate the vast amount of free advertising to a competitor, because you are competing for the limited wetlook dollars with Nigel, that he has given you.  I cannot believe your arrogance and the fact that you pull the stunts that you do on this forum.  As far as giving away free content, well speaking for myself, KEEP IT!!! I don't want it!  

Where in the real retail world do you see a business that allows their competitor to advertise in their store?  It would be like walking in to a Target store and seeing Wal-Maret banners in the housewares department.  And the reaction to some of these people on the forum that think getting one or two pitiful photos is such a great deal would yell at the folks that wonder why they are seeing Wal Mart ads in their beloved Target.  

Sure, I always have the choice not to click on Alex's posts but wait a minute here.  Alex should be damned grateful that Nigel is willing to put up with this shameless promotion of a mediocre site on a regular basis and should be extremely grateful that Nigel's response to the B.S. vote on the free video that clogged the forum was so restrained.  I would have permanently blocked Alex from posting here for that one!

The problem is we have what started as a close knit community in the early days of the web where most content was free, to something that is evolving and changing on a daily basis, to a strictly profit making enterprise.  But there is a right way and a wrong way to change and evolve and quite frankly I feel what Alex is doing is pretty nauseating.  Look at Mark Kelly, the Godfather of our community.  For those who haven't figured it out, WAMTEC stands for Wet and Messy Tape Exchange Club.  MK started out as one of the pioneers, before there was a world wide web, collecting and exchanging video tapes with other wetlook enthusiasts.  He has gradually evolved into a paysite, but he still gives away products in return for new tapes (or DVDs more likely nowdays) and has plenty of free content and basically refunds the membership fee in return for videos.  MK has generously sponsored the likes of Leon, EuroWAM TEAM and countless others all in the interests of promoting the community, not his own personal gain.  Erik Elsas posts his updates once a week here, quietly, unobtrusively and politely without spamming us.  Nigel has Minx movies and he probably advertises less on his own forum (which is obviously free) than any other producer out there!  Only recently has he asked very unobtrusively for a voluntary contribution to help keep up with the costs of running this froum.  I gave Nigel a contribution, have you Alex?  

My gripe is things for the most part were nice here, a few producers quitely advertising their sites, a lot of hard work by "normal folks" (non-producers or free producers), giving us the fruits of their labors and then this Alex guy bursts on to the scene, initially pissing a lot of folks off with his come on posts, "Hey, look a new video" only to find it is a paysite, then toning it doewn and giving a couple of pictures away and spamming the shit out of this forum.

To the forum users out there:  Are some of you that desperate for free pictures that you are willing to put up with this blatant, shameles promotion to see a couple of photos that you want to deal with this???  Try searching Webshots or Flickr or wherever and find some really good stuff that you can share with everybody.  That is the spirit that makes the community what it is.  I have noticed a trend of gimme, gimme, gimme, and not a lot of give.  Notice the same names on the posts of picture searches or free photos, Rumpel, Tdouty, Desert Hawk,  etc.  And then look at the complaints: Oh no wet hair; oh, no wet socks; oh I don't like jeans; oh I don't like dresses.  

I have a great idea.  Everybody boycott Alex, don't look at his posts, don't join his site, not that many people have anyway, get off your lazy ass and search the web for some REAL wetlook photos ands then post the links for everybody to enjoy.  If only 100 of the couple of thousand people that regularly visit this forum did that we would more than make up for the loss of a few pictures a week we get from Alex.  

Alex said:

"I've seen people like you posting negative replies here, but what all of you have in common is a complete abense of facts or knowledge on the very subject you're trying to voice your opinion on."

Well Alex, pray tell, what are the facts and why are you so arrogant about promoting your site, when as a person looking for our money, maybe you can find a nicer way yo get it rather than pissing us off?

Sorry to carry on but Alex has really pissed me off.  Please feel free to comment as desired.  

In reply to Message (24486.3.1.2.1) Hello Oh God, another one!

By Alex - alex@wetlookpro.com us Thu 31/08/06 09:27:02 GMT

I love when people tell me about something they really have no knowledge about like:

(1) What Nigel is thinking, or

(2) How this "PR stunt" effects MY business, or

(3) What makes this forum good and what makes it bad

I've seen people like you posting negative replies here, but what all of you have in common is a complete abense of facts or knowledge on the very subject you're trying to voice your opinion on.

Alex

http://WetlookPro.com

In reply to Message (24486.3.1.2) Read This Re: Plus...

By MaK - dk Thu 31/08/06 04:59:03 GMT

Yes, how can all this free stuff make your business richer? The answer is simple - the same way as all other advertising. Your little PR stunt made hundreds of wetlook fans including myself spend a lot of time on your web site looking for the best video to vote for, and this was probably exactly what you wanted, so stop this hypocritical nonsense. Every advertising costs, but without advertising your business will die, so there is no doubt that this has made you richer in the long run.

You are guest on a forum of another wetlook producer, and you should be glad that Nigel at all allows advertising from other wetlook producers! This time you have passed the limit by requesting numerous replies, so Nigel has changed the rules. Can't blame him.

In reply to Message (24486.3.1) Hello Re: Plus...

By Alex - alex@wetlookpro.com us Tue 29/08/06 15:06:50 GMT

Eric, FYI: I have had the least amount of upgrades to my site during this, so called, "promotion". I knew it was going to happen because I have giving out a lot of free pix and have announced a free video. In addition to that I have given out 2 free memberships.

So, how is this making my business RICHER?

Also, this wasn't spam. Did you miss a huge amount of free pictures and a video that I posted?

Oh and do me a favor, Eric, next time we post our "spam" - do not look at our pictures of videos. Deal? Great!

Alex

http://WetlookPro.com

In reply to Message (24486.3) Thumbs Up Plus...

By Eric - zw Tue 29/08/06 13:44:30 GMT

Yep, what is it with those people wanting to be the most admired on this Forum ? Kindergarden's over, isn't it ?

And some producers are getting near a SPAM attitude with their daily advertising here...

In reply to Message (24486) ADMIN Rules update - please read

By Nigel - nigel@wetlook.com gb Tue 29/08/06 11:00:11 GMT

Following a recent 'promotion' by one producer, I have added a new rule, see below.

Long threads cause the older messages to be archived before their time, and people can then no longer post replies.

Deliberatly soliciting lots of replies on any forum is poor etiquette, and on here it will now be taken very seriously.

Anyone wishing to run any sort of unusual promotion on the forum should always check with me first.

Nigel

Forum Admin

----------------------------------------------------------------

4 Invalid Posts

4.12 Posts deliberately asking for lots of replies as part of some competition, offer or stunt.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.187 seconds to generate ]