Wetlook-Online

Message # 24453.1.1.1

Subject: Happy Thanks! That made sense!

Date: Mon 28/08/06 01:54:56 GMT

Name: Andrew pl

Email: okmkm@wp.pl

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Especially for such a computer idiot like me! At last I understand what a proxy is. Thanks!

Andrew/

In reply to Message (24453.1.1) Hello Re: OT what's with "proxy error" on Webshots?

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Sun 27/08/06 15:45:55 GMT

A proxy is a person (or an authority) who does something on your behalf; it's a normal word, you can look it up in the dictionary.

In computing terms, it's an intermediate computer in a network connection that serves some purpose, such as caching data or monitoring traffic. The proxy computer sits between your computer and the remote computer you are connecting to. All my Web access is tunneled through a caching proxy at ntl, to ease their network load, which is why I cannot use RapidShare.

My guess is that when you connect to Webshots, you're connecting to a proxy server at their site, which must now in turn connect (on your behalf: by proxy) to the computer with the data on. That proxy connection is failing, leading to the error you see. You connected to Webshots fine, that's why the problem has nothing to do with where you are connecting from. Computers within Webshots are having trouble connecting to each other, probably due to excess workload. Probably can't handle 2000+ wetlookers swarming down on their site :-P

(I don't know if any of that made any sense :)

In reply to Message (24453.1) Hello Re: OT what's with "proxy error" on Webshots?

By Andrew - okmkm@wp.pl pl Sun 27/08/06 14:26:02 GMT

It started happening a few months ago. Didn't get it earlier. I have it in about 10% of links, for sure not 1/4. Refreshing always works. It happens both on my broadband home & school connections and the dial-up at my vacation cottage (all in Poland). Also had it while looking at some webshots pics while in France, so I guess it is not restricted to any area or connection. Maybe they screwed something up during the last server upgrade?

Andrew.

In reply to Message (24453) Question OT what's with "proxy error" on Webshots?

By Desert Hawk - us Sun 27/08/06 13:32:26 GMT

For the last week or so when I click any Webshot link I get "proxy error" about 1/4 of the time.  Clicking reload usually makes the picture appear, but sometimes another attempt is necessary.  I thought it was AOL messing up, but I get the same error here at the library in Las Vegas.  What is this stuff about a "proxy server"?  As I mentioned before, I am fairly computer illiterate.  Also, the internet service went down for about 5 minutes here yesterday.  Why in the 21st century are periodic service outages something we have to put up with?  My AOL goes down a few hours every month.  The library in Kern County has daylong outages sometimes.  Now I see Las Vegas isn't immune to outages either.  Are periodic internet service otuages something all the world has to live with, like periodic electricity and cable tv outages?  The phone companies almost never have service outages.  Internet outages make absolutely no sense to me at all!  

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.020 seconds to generate ]