minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Thu 18/04/24 19:07:17 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook.Biz
Wetlook-Online

Message # 24422.4.2.1.1.2

Subject: Hello Re: YouTube, RapidShare, clips...

Date: Sun 27/08/06 12:00:15 GMT

Name: WetMartina de

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
> If there are, say, 2000 people here who'd be interested in watching it, and the clip is 10 MB,

> the total traffic involved is 2000 x 10 MB, or 20000 GB!

Hm. Aren't you wrong here by a factor of 1000? <beg>

Well, I know, that damned decimal system confuses people...

> I only have a 20 GB allowance on my own Web site per *month*, I certainly can't go hosting

> clips up like that.

At least you could host one clip per month ;-)

To become serious: There is a lot of free file hosters other than RabbitShare. http://www.freewebspace.net/guide/diskstorage.shtml lists some. I usually prefer http://f-forge.com/ . They allow up to 350 MB uploads, and one can even use it without Javascript if one can read some html. And I think they don't use dirty IP address tricks.

Perhaps the community can move away from RapidShare...

Martina

In reply to Message (24422.4.2.1.1) Hello YouTube, RapidShare, clips...

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Sat 26/08/06 17:32:05 GMT

I agree with the other person to reply to you. Do you understand what you wrote? Where do the videos you want to watch in Windows Media Player/Real Player come from?

YouTube is a hosting site, they store the videos that you want to watch. But who would store all the WMV/RM clips that you are desiring? If there are, say, 2000 people here who'd be interested in watching it, and the clip is 10 MB, the total traffic involved is 2000 x 10 MB, or 20000 GB! I only have a 20 GB allowance on my own Web site per *month*, I certainly can't go hosting clips up like that.

Wet in Red hosts full quality clips, but he only does that by charging members fees to cover the collossal bandwidth it uses up. And his site's monthly allowance is far, far in excess.

RapidShare however do allow hosting of large files for pretty much an unlimited amount of hits, for free, but they have security measures in place to prevent abuse, and some of us trip over those. I would argue personally that the site is badly designed, which is a horribly common problem on the Web, so you could report the issues if it really matters. They may not care however unless you become a paying user first =)

YouTube also host for free, videos, but they enforce a quality drop in the process. And since no-one appears to be *able* to pay, everyone wonders who's actually paying for YouTube, as their hosting costs must be enormous.

In reply to Message (24422.4.2.1) Great Re: I agree with you whole heartedly..

By Blackfox - blackfox33uk@yahoo.com uu Sat 26/08/06 10:11:43 GMT

I do agree with you whole hardedly bout Youtubes, could you not use something like windows media player.  That one is as good as any or even real player.  I have a lot of clips from both, and cannot understand why everybody doesnt use either of these.  There is nothing wrong with them at al, so why do so many people use YouTibes??  Is a mystery to me...

Blackfox

In reply to Message (24422.4.2) Exclamation Re: why cant I download from rapidshare??

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Sat 26/08/06 08:47:13 GMT

Oh, and while I do understand how you feel about RapidShare -- and I ignore it now, too, since it's not worth the hassle trying to get it to work -- what would you have people use instead? What are the realistic alternatives? (and I don't mean mashing clips down to YouTube size and quality, I mean, sharing clips at full original frame size and quality, YouTube videos are horrible)
In reply to Message (24422.4) Depressed Re: why cant I download from rapidshare??

By Anonymous - uu Sat 26/08/06 05:26:40 GMT

I have never been able to get to Rapidshare it appears to see my ISP as a proxy or something similar so will not let me in.

I keep asking people not to use Rapidshare but no one listens.

Anything Rapidshare I now ignore.

In reply to Message (24422) Hello Re: why cant I download from rapidshare??

By Blackfox - Captainnemo67@btinternet.com uu Sat 26/08/06 02:59:44 GMT

Hello you lot!!

Can any please tell me why I cant get anything to download at all from rapidshare..  Have had a shot countless times, but it just will not do it..

Toodles Mcdoodles

Blackfox

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.033 seconds to generate ]