WetlookPro

Message # 24145.2.1

Subject: Read This Re: Wikipedia

Date: Thu 10/08/06 13:45:41 GMT

Name: Telcontar gb

Email: mrnemesis@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
MK - Wikipedia is user contributed. Anyone can go up and change anything at any time. I think creating a new page requires a free registration but editing a page is not. For example, anyone who spots a typo can just hit Edit and correct it. There are watchful souls on the lookout for vandalism, as people can of course do as much damage as they can do good.

The wetlook article, you can see who wrote it by viewing the article history. I gave it an overhaul ages ago, and it's been revised by others since then.

I was planning to illustrate the article -- especially since it's a visual subject -- but that idea fell apart over trying to illustrate the non-sexual side, such as swimming in clothes for fun -- just too hard to get information from people who participate, and to obtain pictures with permission that I could post. I never managed to get any feedback on how many images would be suitable (without overloading the page) and just what subjects should be chosen for them -- e.g. modelled, romantic, candid (with permission). I have candidate images from Styx I can use, but some of them require permission from Kev and Graham never gave me a decision (and I can't decide whose I wanted to use and why!!) Jennifer and Todd will let me use a photo also, but again, I can't bloody decide which, I think too much about what the subtle implications of each might be without a clear enough vision of what I want.

But anyone who wants to finish it off knows where to look for two images. But plenty of people get wet for fun and *that* is the hardest to represent. I'd prefer a pool party image or a beach image but I can't get hold of one, not even after mailing all the clothed swimming clubs (very poor response too, most ignored my mail). Swimming Fully Clothed was very helpful but the images are not his and he had none to offer at the time.

Certainly, Arthur's article is a very interesting cross-over that could certainly enhance the quality of the Wikipedia article far more than anything I would have written could. And the longer it becomes, the more pictures you can sneak in without visually overwhelming the page.

But I do recommend receiving input from more than one person else you risk writing a biased article based on an unreliable source. Too much of Arthur's article feels like personal opinion and speculation to be valid for Wikipedia, and someone removed some of my own text from the article for the same reason. In cases like these it helps to refer to a variety of other sources. For me personally I was not aware it was anyone but just me until 1999 and I've obviously not had a lot of first-hand experience.

As a stand-alone article, it's fine. For Wikipedia, the standards are much higher and they very much appreciate a list of references to credible material. Something wetlook rather lacks =)

In reply to Message (24145.2) Hello Re: A HISTORY OF WETLOOK

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Thu 10/08/06 13:14:08 GMT

Good job with the essay

Perhaps you should link your essay pages into the primary reference source on the net for defining things..i.e. Wikipedia. Somebody else (I dunno who wrote this) has already written a good definition of wetlook on Wikipedia too...see here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wetlook

You should have your page linked to Wikipedia too...so I suggest you make a submission to Wikipedia to get your page listed as a reference source to this page too.

MK

In reply to Message (24145) Hello A HISTORY OF WETLOOK

By Arthur Chappell - arthur@chappell7300.freeserve.co.uk ex Wed 09/08/06 23:51:19 GMT

Website: http://www.arthurchappell.clara.net/wetlookinpopularculture.htm

http://www.arthurchappell.clara.net/wetlookinpopularculture.htm My most ambitous web page on wetlook yet, covering its entire history from antiquity to the present day and influences wetlook has on popular xculture. feedback welcome.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.015 seconds to generate ]