MyWetloook

Message # 23913.2

Subject: Read This Re: Question about Ciao Darwin show

Date: Sun 30/07/06 02:29:23 GMT

Name: LWB gb

Email: lucy. butcher@lycos.co.uk

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
The Ciao Darwin water tank game would sadly never be shown in the UK or USA because of political correctness, i.e. humiliating a member of the audience on TV, and probably health & safety rules, i.e. drowning!  That’s what makes the clips great to watch.

Having observed many clips, I think I have worked out how the format works.

The water tank game is played as the Finale to the show, in which there are several games.  There are two competing teams of about 50 people each, usually made up of people who fit certain opposing stereotypes.  In each game two members of the audience are selected at random, one from each team, and they know they have been selected because a light in front of them remains illuminated when all the other team members’ lights have gone off.

Presumably the producers of the show can select who they would like to be chosen “at random”, but the contestants do not know in advance.

In the Finale, the two contestants each sit in a tank that fills with water each time an incorrect answer is given (and, in the case of the Italian and Polish versions, each time a correct answer is given by the other contestant).

There are variations between the rules in the Italian, Romanian, Hungarian and Polish versions, and I apologise if I have got them confused, but basically contestants must remain seated on a stool within the tank. The tank is cylindrical in shape in all but the Polish version.  The water rises by increments that are marked on the side of the tank (except in Poland).  The number of these varies:

-   Italy – six – the loser is the first tank to be filled to the sixth level

-   Romania – ten – the loser is the first who cannot remain seated and hold their breathe underwater, which usually happens after level 8 or 9

-   Hungary – nine – the loser is the first who cannot remain seated and hold their breathe underwater, which usually happens after level 8

-   Poland – five - the loser is the first who cannot remain seated and hold their breathe underwater, which usually happens after level 4

The contestants remain fully dressed and participate in the clothes that they were already wearing, although they are allowed to take

off their shoes (except in the Romanian version) and their jewellery (except in the Italian version).

The tanks are filled with an initial amount of water determined by the

relative scores of the competing teams.  Normally this is between one

and three increments.

In theory it would be possible to answer all questions correctly and go away with just wet feet.  In practice, however, the water level rises to at least chest height.

There have been some other strange variations:

-   Two people sit together in the tank

-   Contestants are blindfolded and creatures like toads and snakes are added

-   Dyed or foamy water is used

In all but the Hungarian version, contestants are given a snorkel to help them breathe, although this is seldom used.  In the Hungarian and Polish versions, the rule about remaining seated is strictly enforced, and this often leads to fully clothed contestants totally under the water.

The final humiliation is that the soaked contestants remain in the tanks while the final credits of the programme roll, often with dancers performing around them!

In reply to Message (23913) Question Question about Ciao Darwin show

By Desert Hawk - us Sat 29/07/06 17:37:58 GMT

I really love the vidcaps from the Ciao Darwin gameshow with the tubes that fill with water.  I was wondering, what determines when and how much water is added to the tube?  Do the contestants get asked questions, and when they give a wrong answer water gets added?  I assume it is the last person with their head above water that wins.  What kind of prises do the winners win?  What kind of parting gofts do losers get?  Do prospective contestants audition for the show, or do they select contestants from the studio audience?  Do contestants know in advance that they will be getting wet, or are there other dry games on the show and they don't know what game they will be playing until the show starts?  It sure looks like an interesting show.  I wish there were a U.S. version.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.028 seconds to generate ]