Wetlook-Online

Message # 2382.2.1.1

Subject: Info Re: Re: Re: Quick Pool and Upload

Date: Fri 21/02/03 23:35:06 GMT

Name: Kev gb

Email: kev.styx@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I can understand why you want donations- it's very expensive to produce "free material"

The bandwidth charges alone for my freesite amounted to over $1500 for last year. I too bought a new digital camera at the end of last year- nearly £3000 ($4500).

Add in the time, effort, clothes, and lots of other costs it turns out to be a labour of love.

Good luck with trying to get donations.

It looks like you are maybe coming round to the idea that "free material" doesn't actually exist, it costs money to produce it and supply it.

One further point. I think you have perhaps misunderstood the NTL set up. The 1Mbps connection is none symetrical and not balanced. The 1Mbps only applies to you downloading content- uploading is much slower.

If you are planning to serve video via your NTL connection to people then it will be done at the "upload" speed which I think is around 64 or 128kbps.

If several people are downloading at the same time the bandwidth will be divided between them. This will make the connection extremely slow. Offering the material free means you will get hundreds of people fighting for the material, the resulting line contention will virtually bring the thing to a halt. I  also think that you risk losing your NTL connection.

If you plan to serve your own video footage (I don't recommend it) then a telephone ADSL line would be better as they have a much faster upload speed.

Just for information, a leased line from BT offering balanced bandwidth for video serving costs £32,000 per year ($50,000) So it gives you a good idea of how expensive serving video is- particularly on a large scale.

In reply to Message (2382.2.1) Hello Re: Re: Quick Pool and Upload

By katmint - katmint2002@yahoo.co.uk gb Fri 21/02/03 21:26:38 GMT

I have NTL at home to do all the uploading and various things (have 1 mbps for videos which are soon to be introduced which is now been capped. www.dont-pay-ntl.co.uk) and i use pipex for STORAGE ONLY , which hosts the site for us with NO BANDWITH RESTRICTIONS.

So its not weird if you do your homework into it.

If anyone has any problems with the site being slow then please drop us a line.

In reply to Message (2382.2) Question Re: Quick Pool and Upload

By w@mboy - uu Fri 21/02/03 20:38:08 GMT

Why do you have both cable (NTL) and DSL (Pipex)?  That's kinda weird isn't it unless your hosting your site on your home computer and a home internet connection which is a pretty pointless way to do it since it's expensive and the site will be so much slower than a professionally hosted site.

w@mboy

In reply to Message (2382) Hello Quick Pool and Upload

By katmint - katmint2002@yahoo.co.uk gb Fri 21/02/03 11:01:01 GMT

IN the next 30 mins , were collecting donations to fund our cause for a camera (paypal on site) As a thank you where doing a quick poll.

What Set would you lot love to see again on the site for 1 night only. (Will upload in 30 mins so be quick)

Katmint *** Dont Forget To Donate ***

Pool Pics comming tommorow night we hope... If we can get camera working. (Only a kiddies pool but something differant)

Katmint x

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.009 seconds to generate ]