MyWetloook

Message # 23811.2

Subject: Happy Sure it will!

Date: Mon 24/07/06 07:27:50 GMT

Name: regenman nl

Email: regenman@planet.nl

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I paddle a lot in the Netherlands, alone and with groups, and I NEVER wear a swimsuit. Wearing clothes is the norm for kayakkers. They usually carry some spare, dry clothes in a drybag (or garbagebag) for when they get cold, or leave a spare set in the car for the drive home. I usually do both.

If anyone asks why you don't wear a swimsuit (nobody ever asked me) there are several replies:

- I don't like sunscreen. I prefer clothes. Besides: Clothes are better at preventing skin cancer. Remember the lack of ozon-layer!

- I don't like the feel of the kayak against my bare skin. All boats tend to have rough spots that irritate your skin. Glassfiber boats (when old) even have fiber sticking out of the resin. It might give you a real nasty rash.

- These days, it's too hot to sit in the sun while being dry. Wet clothes are just a smart way to keep cool.

- If you would go for a walk, or a bicycle trip, you would never do it in swimwear. So why would you go boating in swimwear? To feel the sweat sticking between your arms and body? To be an easy target for the bugs?

- The rental service might insist that you wear a lifevest. These things are very uncomfortable on bare skin.

You might know that I give kayak instruction. I give these tips to all of my students, and most of them comply without further questions. You might even inform your companions before the trip. You can say you got it from an experienced expedition kayakker.

I NEVER paddle without shoes, and enforce it as a strict rule for my students. Official beaches may be free of glass, stones, shelves and other mischief, but with a kayak you tend to visit less maintained areas. You run a serious risk of foot injury when stepping in the water or on shore on bare feet, especially since you have some heavy lifting and pulling to do, handling your boat. This you SHOULD tell your companions: BRING SHOES! Sneakers or tennisshoes will do well, sandals less so, since they don't protect your toes.

Also, you might want to wear socks in your shoes. If you don't, any sand between your skin and your shoes will start shafing.

I'm not into wet headwear myself, but nonetheless: I wear a hat or cap to protect my eyes, ears and neck.

Most kayakkers will not wear jeans or cotton. Jeans tend to limit your movements when wet, while cotton takes ages to dry out. Most kayakkers will wear synthetic outdoorwear. Personnaly, I like lycra when it's warm and stretchfleece when it's colder. Lycra doesn't feel that wet, but stretchfleece (available in the climbing area of an outdoorshop) is addictive. Thermo-underwear will also do well. Of course, all this doesn't apply to you, since you're not looking for the most comfortable clothes, but for the best feeling wetlook-outfit.

All in all, you would be stupid not to wear clothes... :-)

Enjoy your trip,

Reg

In reply to Message (23811) Hello Hope this works...

By A Stranger in Warsaw - uu Mon 24/07/06 04:11:42 GMT

I tried something new today. I invited a class of mine (4 women) to come with me to a lake for some paddleboating/kayaking. But since I only thought of it today, I had no takers  (no surprise). A couple of them might come with me on Thursday (though that of course means they'll be prepared with swimsuits).

Of course, I intend to 'forget' my swimsuit, and wear white underwear. (So the jeans at minimum will _have_ to stay on). But I have to decide-- do I:

a) suggest renting a boat, and fall in

b) suggest renting a paddleboat, get in it normally, but when feeling warm in the middle of the lake, slip out of the boat

c) just wade near the beach in rolled-up jeans while they swim, and see if they coax me in

d) just wade/jump right in

Yes, I know lots of you will say d). Like others on this forum, I'm kinda shy about this, but if d) is the overwhelming answer, I'll try it!

-----

OT: suggestions for message icons, if possible--

rolling eyes (as in, puh-LEEZ)

crossed fingers/pressed thumbs

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.024 seconds to generate ]