MyWetloook

Message # 23354.3.1

Subject: Hello Re: ..very nice trailer...and this begs for a poll to be taken

Date: Mon 03/07/06 05:28:57 GMT

Name: AnthonyX ca

Email: anthonyx@jowc.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I bought my system over 4 years ago. It is a single processor 1.6GHz pentium 4 with 512MB memory and an ATI Radeon 7500 graphics card, running Win 2K. The "reloaded" trailer plays perfectly on my computer in Windows Media Player, whether in a window or full screen (1280 x 1024), and doesn't use more than about 60% of the CPU.

There's more to the picture than just CPU. You need fast memory, a fast disk, a fast data channel from the disk, and a good graphics card. My graphics card is still the one purchased with the system; however I recently added a firewire adapter and an external 300GB disk which connects via the firewire. Playing these super-rez clips off that external drive is not an issue.

Some computers may have 3GHz processors, but to reduce costs, may have either smaller CPU caches or slower memory. While it may not be an issue for certain types of applications requiring intensive calculations,  these cost savings can cripple a system when it comes to playing video where it's all about working efficiently with large amounts of data.

It may be that typical computers of 3+ years ago might have problems with current hi-res video, but in many cases, it may require only an incremental upgrade rather than an all-out new system purchase. And it's entirely possible that some newer computers may have problems in spite of having much faster CPUs because they may be up against the performance limits of other parts of the system e.g. disk, memory, or graphics.

In reply to Message (23354.3) Hello ..very nice trailer...and this begs for a poll to be taken

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Sun 02/07/06 21:09:30 GMT

Super trailer.....and I think this raises an interesting subject that producers would be interested to get some statistics from the wet fans about....because I notice that this trailer is rendered at an extremely high bit rate (at 3.1 megabits) and is way beyond the capacity of my computer to play this clip smoothly, cos in order to play video clips at super high bit rates, you really need to have a very fast and newer model computer that has the fastest processor, video card, memory etc.

I guess my computers are far too old (5 years old) because I cannot  play clips that are rendered at greater than 2 megabits...they just freeze up and play is a very choppy way.

I know that Styx always render super high bit rate clips too....and Leon, EuroWAM TEAM and I have often discussed making clips at higher bit rates....but we kept them to 1.5 megabits for now...because in the surveys we conducted with our customers, we found that at least 50% of our customers had computers that were more than 3 years old...and therefore, it was unlikely for them to be able to play clips rendered at greater than 2 megabits....so we keep our clips to less than 2 megabits...so that they are playable to a wider audience....and not just to those folks who have a dual core pc at 3.6ghz.

I would be really interested to know, as I am sure other producers would too.....what percentage of the wetlook fans have new computers with fast processors (less than 2 years old, and has a 3ghz processor) that can play super high bit rate clips....versus what percentage of folks on this forum are living in the dark ages like me...i.e. having a 5 year old computer...and unable to play super high bit rate clips...they just freeze up and play very choppy...my processor cannot handle it.

It would be great if somebody conducted a poll on this....cos leon, flaviu and I can easily create super-high bit rates too....if there is a sufficient audience out there that can play them.

My fear is....if we make clips at super high bit rates...we may be cutting off 50% of our fans who may not have computers fast enough to play them.

MK

In reply to Message (23354) DVD/CD I reloaded my tub !!!

By Tyra - model.tyra@wetlook-online.com de Sun 02/07/06 13:57:02 GMT

.... this is our new DVD .....

.... this is the menu with the episodes ....

.... and thatīs me .... Iīm nude Oooh  .... so please donīt buy the DVD  Tongue

TRAILER

(save target as)

http://www.wetlook-online.com/bilder/dvd/reloaded/bilder/dresscode_wet_reloaded.wmv

http://www.wetlook-online.com

kisses Tyra

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.002 seconds to generate ]