minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Tue 23/04/24 19:18:18 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

MyWetloook

Message # 23042.3.1

Subject: Info Re: Re: What's wrong with all this YoutubeMyspace etc. pp. stuff???

Date: Fri 16/06/06 10:34:10 GMT

Name: Telcontar gb

Email: mrnemesis@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Think of it a bit like how when you post a photo to eBay, they watermark it and re-save it. No matter how large and wonderful your photo is, eBay will enforce a set size and image quality (compression rate). Which is why they may end up looking a little naff.

YouTube convert every uploaded video to Flash Video format (FLV) so they will have a set bitrate (compression level) in use. If you feed it superlative quality video it will still end up output at whatever quality settings they've set their FLV encoder to use. You may well find that the low quality of cellphone cameras let them feel sanctioned to stick to low quality encoding to save on bandwidth, knowing that most people will only be sending low quality video anyway. I don't think YouTube was *supposed* to be used for pirate copies of commercial videos (be it music videos or produced wetlook).

However, the filming never helps. The camerawomen involved in the clips we watch just love waving the damn camera around like a maniac. Worse, smaller lenses seem to suffer so very badly from contrast problems -- where the sky ends up so wide it floods out the picture and everything else is black. With professional video, such as newsreel or produced wetlook you will generally find that you get a very well balanced image. That, and you don't get the huge amounts of grain that you get off the little camera in a phone, some of them do have a ridiculous signal to noise ratio. Another problem with cheap cams is that their pixel resolution is very low and you get all sorts of shared pixels and random data.

That said, I *have* seen some pretty reasonable stuff on YouTube, so I suspect that there will be user error involved as well as the effects of the necessary re-encoding.

In reply to Message (23042.3) Hello Re: What's wrong with all this YoutubeMyspace etc. pp. stuff???

By chriswet85 - us Fri 16/06/06 08:53:29 GMT

Garbage in, Garbage out.  Most of these vids were probably shot on cell phone cams.  Granted, they're not exactly HDTV, but a lot of them are still pretty good.  YouTube etc COULD host extremely high quality vids, but I sure as hell wouldnt want to be paying the bandwidth bill at the end of the month.  
In reply to Message (23042) Confused What's wrong with all this YoutubeMyspace etc. pp. stuff???

By noname - eu Fri 16/06/06 03:20:26 GMT

Hi,

for a couple of months we get links to loads of stuff from Youtube and similar video-sites. Nice. Well. But, IMHO - it's an uttermost waste of time and energy. The quality is worse than worst. Always. Even my radio plays better pictures. Does at least somebody know, WHY they deal on such a low quality level? BTW, please, don't play the "it's for free"-card. Youtube and Co. earn money with their sites.

Cheers

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.075 seconds to generate ]