Wetlook-Online

Message # 22471.7.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Re: white balance

Date: Thu 18/05/06 06:30:08 GMT

Name: Telcontar gb

Email: mrnemesis@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I know, but that felt too complicated for the short-short version. What I was trying (and failing?) to explain is that if you do this, you lose the tint of the light bulb from the photo. This for me is not preferable as it can turn a cosy indoor image into a sterile white one. It's good for photographing items where you want pure colours (such as products for a website), and it's a good way to sort out white balance issues where you're not interested in lighting colour (e.g. wetlook shoots) but I prefer the image to come out exactly as I saw in with my own eyes, light bulb tint included. That's where you need to find the best matching preset.
In reply to Message (22471.7.1.1) Hello Re: white balance

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Thu 18/05/06 05:10:48 GMT

Some digital cameras give you full control over color balance, or at least have a "manual white balance" feature. With "manual white balance", all you have to do is aim the camera at a piece of white paper (illuminated by whatever happens to be providing your current lighting) and press the magic button. The camera then knows what should be white in the scene and adjusts accordingly. Perhaps simple digital cameras, or those which are designed to be simple to operate may get fooled by unusual lighting conditions, but with any good camera, it is all a matter of how you use it.
In reply to Message (22471.7.1) Square You won't want to read this but ... :)

By Telcontar - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Wed 17/05/06 17:30:26 GMT

... I'll try a short-short version. (And fail. Nerds don't do "short" ;)

Anime? Japanese animation -- apparently some men get hung up over cartoon women. Anime women are disturbingly cute, in a "their body shapes cannot exist" kind of way. I feel more mentally secure when the object of my desire looks like a real woman! And that includes proper complexion, not flat tones.

Colour balance? Digital cameras have a thing for tinting the whole image the wrong colour. Light from various artificial sources (such as incandescent bulbs and fluorescent bulbs) is not white but some other colour such as yellow or red, and this screws up the camera's attempt to get the image right. So it will check the image and compensate, often badly! I don't understand the mechanics of this process but it's a pain in the proverbial. Indoors I find the nearest manual preset that sorts it out.

Neutral ambience? Even to the naked eye, a room will be tinted according to the light source. I prefer this tint to be captured in photos to reflect how I see the world. However, you can instruct a camera to remove that tint if you desire, so that the photo comes out as though the light source was pure white. This process is nearly 100% perfect, compared to the camera's auto white balance adjustment which is notoriously flaky. Depends what you're trying to achieve, but for wetlook it's nice enough to just remove the colour cast and have bright, pure images.

I know you'll murder me in my sleep now, but I guess that comes with the job, huh.

In reply to Message (22471.7) Hello Yaaawwwwwnnnnn!!!!!!!

By wam - wamleather@yahoo.com ex Wed 17/05/06 14:47:55 GMT

Can someone please direct me to a suitable website, where I can check out what all this bollocks Neutral Ambience, Colour Correction/Balancing, Anime Obsession!!!!!!!!!!!! is really all about? WTF? I thought I was meant to be looking at pretty babes in sexy clothing playing in the tub or chucking muck all over themselves!!! I enjoy these pics as much as the 'amateur' webshot pics. I think some people are at the wrong site. Try the 4th door on the left just down the passageway, the one with Tate Gallery written on it!

And now we've got to smile whenever we're enjoying ourselves!! Happy Happy Happy I'm sat here grinning all over my spotty face!!

Though it wasn't suggested that Tyra got bored doing shoots, I think that over 700 photo sets, and probably 50,000+ pics (quadruple that if you include the pics that get trashed, because the technology hasn't yet been invented to make them look good!!) suggests that she does get a tiny bit excited about them. And besides, who couldn't get excited about playing with ladies like Nadine, Susan and Alina. In Love

OK, I'm off to the new UMD Talk Bollocks forum now, to make sure all those nails have been manicured, and all those muffs have been neatly trimmed! See you there?

So, keep smiling everybody, except you Tyra, its only a bit of fun! Tongue Oh, and next time hun, don't wear pink lipstick, it makes yer bum look big! Wink Smile

In reply to Message (22471) Bouncing All in ONE : Jeans, White Top, No Bra, Socks, Shampooing - Shower & Tub !!!

By Tyra - model.tyra@wetlook-online.com de Tue 16/05/06 11:27:40 GMT

... and me Tongue

On Drugs On Drugs On Drugs

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.026 seconds to generate ]