WetlookPro

Message # 22458.2.1.1

Subject: Info Re: Re: not such a fan of see-through, myself

Date: Tue 16/05/06 20:45:21 GMT

Name: watershed gb

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

You can find them if you know where to look.

This rainwear shop advertises itself as the only one of its kind in Canada, and AFAICT they're right!  They regularly fill orders for the UK and the US.  If you don't see what you need in the web catalogue, it's worth querying them by email or phone (or stopping in, if you happen to be in Toronto ever).

Raindrops

The Fairmont Royal York Hotel, Lower Level

100 Front Street West

Toronto, ON M5J 1E3

Canada

+1.866.901.7246 / +1.416.203.7246

http://www.raindropsto.com/

The US analogue of Raindrops was a shop called Outdoors Plus More, in Terryville, Connecticut.  I know they were online as recently as a couple of years ago, but now when I go to their web site it seems to have been taken over by someone else.  I hope that this doesn't mean that they're out of business!  Here's the archive of their web site:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040203065346/www.outdoorsplusmore.com/raincoats_acadia_mens_slicker.asp

Outdoors Plus More

80 Harwinton Avenue, Terryville, CT 06786

+1.888.833.3129

I should ring them later this week just to see whether they're still in business.  They were very good.

Acadia and also and Charles River Apparel, both in Massachusetts, are or were wholesalers of PVC/nylon raincoats, but I can't find this style on the web anymore for either of them, so it's possible that both of these US wholesalers may have abandoned the market to the Chinese.  (There are *lots* of Chinese manufacturers of PVC raincoats.)

You're right that eBay can be hit or miss, but occasionally something good can be found with queries such as these:

(raincoat,slicker) (rubber,rubberized,rubberised,PVC,vinyl)

"vintage raincoat"

"retro raincoat"

Good luck finding what you and your wife are looking for - and if you do end up doing that photo shoot with a bright yellow or green raincoat, I'm probably not the only fan who'd love to see the pictures!

In reply to Message (22458.2.1) Mixed Re: not such a fan of see-through, myself

By bryce - brycepunk1@earthlink.net uu Tue 16/05/06 17:04:19 GMT

I'm with you on that. I am a huge fan of raincoats, but the see-through ones look more like trashbags (to me) than anything else. Sadly, the raincoat people never seem to get the girls wet (so ironic I've nearly given up hope) and wetlook folks don't do shoots with raincoats.

My wife really wants to get some photos with one of those bright yellow or green raincoats like you describe, but we can't find any good ones anyplace. Some on ebay but I've been let down too often by how the clothes fit when buying from there.

All in all, it's a bummer.

In reply to Message (22458.2) Mixed not such a fan of see-through, myself

By watershed - gb Tue 16/05/06 11:30:54 GMT

I'm not such a fan of see-through, myself (though to each their own).  I prefer the body to be hidden by clothing, even as it's violated by water.  (Think about it: it's a more significant victory for nature over humanity if, say, floodwaters breach a dike than if they simply flow over an unfortified bank.  The same is true in the case of the opaque raincoat, a piece of protective clothing that becomes violated and negated when the wearer ends up swimming.)  I suppose it has a lot to do with my memories of primary school, where the girls would wear those rubberised or PVC raincoats in bright green or yellow.
In reply to Message (22458) Links To Watershed (and others). Golden see-through raincoat/PVC dress.

By MaK - dk Mon 15/05/06 23:04:38 GMT

You asked for wet raincoats. Maybe this will interest you?

http://216.131.78.238/aquafans/discus/messages/22/118601.html?1147746420

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.015 seconds to generate ]