WetlookPro

Message # 22422.1.1.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Perhaps...

Date: Sun 14/05/06 18:08:00 GMT

Name: MK us

Email: wamtec@compuserve.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
>When marketing Civics, Honda probably doesn't care about people who are in the market for full size luxury cars.

Good line.....but in the case of Youtube...they don't even offer you a basic compact car that can even drive properly.....what they are basically giving people is no better than a "skateboard".....i.e. fun for kids to play with.....but completely worthless as a serious means of transportion...

In reply to Message (22422.1.1.1.1) Hello Perhaps...

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Sun 14/05/06 15:43:41 GMT

I just occurred to me that maybe Youtube, Myspace, Google video etc. are aiming low because of a business model assumption: people are capturing and want to share video they shoot on their cell phones. Cell phones don't capture at high res. If the sharing service imposes limits which are at least comparable to the best cell phones, it will be fine for sharing cell phone video, even if useless for anything else (what is outside the business model).

It's a disappointment to us, but perhaps it's because we're not in the target demographic.

When marketing Civics, Honda probably doesn't care about people who are in the market for full size luxury cars.

In reply to Message (22422.1.1.1) Hello Re: Re: Re: UTUBE Videos Why is the resolution so low?

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Sun 14/05/06 12:56:02 GMT

Of course thats the reason.....to save diskspace and bandwidth....cos low resolution, low bit rate, low frame rate clips are small files....and decent quality clips require a file size that is many times larger.

But there is an old saying....."if you can't do the job properly.....don't do it at all"....i.e., if you are going to tout that you have a great video hosting service...and you want to attract lots of traffic so you can sell advertising space....don't come out with a service that is totally crap.

Another saying is..."if you can't stand the heat....then get out of the kitchen".....which you can translate into...."if you can't afford to get decent servers and buy enough diskspace and sufficient bandwidth in order to support decent quality videos........then you should not be in the video hosting business".

Mind you....it would be unfair to pick on Youtube alone.....cos Myspace video hosting and Google Video are totally crap as well.

If I were going to create a website like Youtube....I would say.....In order to get all that traffic and advertizing revenues away from Google and Myspace....I need to create a website that offers BETTER quality videos than Google Video does......but all Youtube and Myspace have done is to emulate the same crappy low res videos Google are doing......merely reinforcing that old phrase....you gets what you pay for....and when you pay peanuts...you get monkeys....ha ha.

MK

In reply to Message (22422.1.1) Question Re: Re: UTUBE Videos Why is the resolution so low?

By Victor - victor.ivanovich@mail.ru ru Sun 14/05/06 12:17:50 GMT

Why? Don't they allow to post clips with higher resolution in order to save the bandwidth? Any other reasons?
In reply to Message (22422.1) Hello Re: UTUBE Videos

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Sun 14/05/06 09:49:54 GMT

There are some.....but as with all Youtube videos, the video quality is just appalling. Youtube videos are terrible quality...low bit rates, low frame rates.

The best thing about Youtube is....it's a good resource to find out about some tv clips that you may have missed, so you can find a low res Youtube version....but it is not worth saving, cos the quality is so bad, but it lets you know to hunt for a decent quality version of that clip.

Youtube is OK as a reference tool.....but it is lousy as a video hosting service cos the video quality really sucks.

MK

In reply to Message (22422) Hello UTUBE Videos

By LAKEHAVASU - RIVERRATMIKE@YAHOO.COM us Sun 14/05/06 01:55:15 GMT

has anyone come across any wet pantyhose or wet leggings videos on utube?

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.045 seconds to generate ]