WetlookPro

Message # 22190.1.1.1

Subject: Great Re: Re: Re: ? for producers and others

Date: Tue 02/05/06 20:33:52 GMT

Name: Andrew ca

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Thanks for the advice guys, however, I should mention that all this kinda started from wanting to make a sneaker DVD for Sneakerplanet (yes, I'm a sneaker boy), then while sitting by the river one day, turned into an artistic inspiration.  I do want to do an arsty-fartsy movie since that 's what I do, well, so far only in 2-d photos of not girls.  The wetlook part would be a total bonus, with lots of extra footage.

The other question then is if I do hire models and create WAM material, will there be people to buy the material from me or should I start yet another site?  I can't afford to do it for personal enjoyment, my wife wouldn't like that too much.

later,

Andrew

In reply to Message (22190.1.1) Pulsing Re: Re: ? for producers and others

By leonmoomin - leon@mostwet.com wx Tue 02/05/06 16:32:45 GMT

All of what Interwet just said!

I don't sugarcoat my shoots or their purpose!  I do however try to reassure all girls that i will do my best to give them shoots of a high standard and make them look good.  A wam picture always adds to a girls portfolio as it shows virsatility and a good attitude.

Another little secret:

http://www.net-model.com/Portfolios/DisplayPhotographerPortfolio2.asp?UserID=42061&IID=&cmd=&linking=

There are quite a few of these model recruitment sites about!

Have fun.

leonmoomin Drink Me

In reply to Message (22190.1) Idea Re: ? for producers and others

By InterWet2001 - us Tue 02/05/06 11:42:49 GMT

Hi Andrew.

First, I hope you saw my thank you tag, en francais about Webshots.  Funny the only responses I got were from Canada.

Like you, I cannot just walk up to a female and "recruit" her.  Wife is a good start.  That's how I started, too.  Learn how to direct someone your comfortable with (i.e. wife) through the scenes.  After some practice it will be second nature.  Does your wife have any friends she could recruit?  You could have a backyard barbeque where many of your friends would end up in the pool anyway.  

The "normal" way, if you can call it that, that most of us use is placing an ad in the local papers and/or internet "help wanted ads".  Last year alone that netted me nearly 50 responses.  I place an ad each year only to keep new faces in front of the camera; I don't retire models.  If they want to work (and they do a good job) I do my best to hang on to them season after season.  I have seen payrates ranging from $10/hr to $50/hr. Others pay $15-$50 per outfit or scene.  Everyone has their own pricing methods.

Make sure the ad is not misleading.  Explain exactly what you are looking for.  Don't try to "sugar coat" it or make it sound artsy-fartsy.  This way, when they read the ad they know exactly what is expected of them and neither you nor them have any surprises or conflicts.

Next, before you take one even one shot, I have them sign the "2257 sheet" , which certifies that they are or legal age (usually 18) to enter into a contract to do this work.  In the US it's Title 18 U.S.C. Section 2257 and 28 C.F.R. Section 75.  I'm sure there is an equivalent Federal guideline or statute in place in Canada also.

Embedded with my 2257 sheet is a talent release that gives me all rights to the photos.......post them, sell them, use them for frisbies, whatever.

Something that mey help, too...... After receiving a reply, I contact each model in person like an interview in some fast food restaurant or similar public place where they can feel safe.  I always invite them to bring a friend in the name of safety.  Sometimes these friends are female and want to get involved.  If you don't have any pics of your own yet, grab a few off of the internet to show them what you are looking to do.  I don't think anyone will mind if you use a few of the pics you've downloaded in order to get more people to shoot.  (and if I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time LOL).  After you get some models and have a small portfolio of YOUR work pulled together you can use that to show prospective future models what you expect.

As for stills, you want a reasonably good digital camera 3-4 megapixel or higher for internet work.  I am a professional photographer and shoot with a very high resolution camera  Find a friend, neighbor, or someone who will be happy to shoot stills for free just to watch the video shoot.  

And there you have it!  If you haven't seen my stills from the Nashville party that Liquid Ladies put on last weekend on my site (http://interwet2001.tripod.com) feel free to take a look.  The images had to be reduced for bandwith and dial up considerations but you'll get an idea.  

Hope that helps at least a little.  I'm sure some other producers will add (or disagree), but take in what everyone tells you then take the parts you like from each of our explanations and make your own system.  Good luck.  I want to see some posts soon.

InterWet2001

In reply to Message (22190) Question ? for producers and others

By Andrew - ca Mon 01/05/06 20:32:37 GMT

I've been thinking of making a short video involving some girls swimmingfully clothed in a pool , specifically in shirt, jeans and sneakers.  Now I have all the equipment, including pool, but only one willing model, my wife.  The question is how do you go about getting girls to do the shoots?  I'm not a brave outgoing type of person, so communication and convincing isn't my strong point.  My idea so far is that the girl has to be clothed because it's an artsy movie and she represents the repetition of life, moving back and forth (doing laps) and the theme of the movie will be water, the giver of life, etc.  Leon, didn't you have a friend who did an art project on WAM a while back?  Still the big problem is how to get girls, either convincing my friends or finding people to do it for minimum cash.

Any suggestions would be helpful, including how to convince them to shoot extra footage?  (to get them used to being filmed?)  And if they know the video is to be public and fully agree to it, is it still morally ok to use in a wetlook sexy way without saying so?  (do we care, they know it will be seen by several people, just not how much and how these people will enjoy it.)  Any ideas on how to get still photos out of this project?

Later,

Andrew

PS. I do appreciate and admire all you who make this sort of stuff for all of us to enjoy.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.021 seconds to generate ]