minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Tue 23/04/24 22:54:07 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

WetlookPro

Message # 22088.2

Subject: Hello Re: OT but gotta get off my chest...AOL outages suck!

Date: Thu 27/04/06 07:48:12 GMT

Name: Telcontar gb

Email: mrnemesis@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I think, from what I understand, dial-up Internet access has always been a flaky thing, although AOL's reputation isn't wonderful. Dial-up experiences will vary from person to person, of course, depending on location, ISP, phone company and even the state of your telephone line.

Going over to broadband offers no guarantee of success either; I've known a few people now with broadband connection problems, one of whom would indeed have cable drop out for many hours at a time (that was with Optimum Online in Westchester NY, he's since abandoned them and gone with ... Verizon I think? Another girl was with Adelphia I think in Utica NY and her connection used to drop quite a bit, again, she changed ISP, but to whom I forget) But everyone's experiences with the same ISP will differ -- I'm with ntl and I get a very good connection, the only problems sometimes relate to their Web proxy choking to death, but there is a trick to get around that, specifying another ntl proxy in the country as your OS's/browser's Web proxy. (Probably best used for just working around outages in case they don't like it :)

As far as broadband go, AOL seem to rely upon a program running on your machine to handle it, which can be known to eat up huge amounts of processor power and slow the computer down, which is stupid. To access cable, you should only need an Ethernet cable plugged into the modem, but PPPoE (Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet) support might be the cause of a slow and broken driver running on the computer itself. (Not that I'd care now, my broadband router would take care of that)

There's no simple answer, but no, what you're experiencing is pretty bad and that's not representative of what everyone else gets. You can do better than that!

In reply to Message (22088) Angry OT but gotta get off my chest...AOL outages suck!

By Desert Hawk - us Thu 27/04/06 00:21:57 GMT

I was just on AOL dialup using the forum when suddenly everything stopped working.  Then "goodbye from America Online.  Your network connection was interrupred" or something to that effect.  When I tried to reconnect it got to step 4: 'requesting network attention".  Then it would hang up and say "network connection did not connect properly".  I called their so-called customer service.  They as always said that there was no problem on their end.  The woman led me through a bunch of bullshit menus until we got to add/remove programs-AOL connectivity.  As I have said before I am almost completely computer illiterate.  I knew the problem was NOT in my computer, but in their network.  When I asked what this would do, she said "well, we have to remove" something.  I just hung up then.  AOL seems to have periodic service outages so frequently even the cable company would be embarassed.  Most last a few hours, then it works again.  I am not going to f*** around with files on my computer that I know nothing about, when the problem is obviously their freaking network.  amazinhgly, this outage was short and I am now back on only 20  minutes later.  Does anyone else experience occasional internet service outages like this?  When i used to use the internet at the Kern County Library, they would have periodic outages.  Some days there would be signs on the door saying "no internet today system down".  Sometimes I would be on and suddenly everything would freeze up.  Does everyone just have to accept periodic internet outages like we sometimes have power and cable tv outages?  IT IS FRUSTRATING AS HELL!  Especially for a tech illiterate!

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.030 seconds to generate ]