Wetlook-Online

Message # 22082.2.2.1.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The famous Go-Go's fountain video

Date: Wed 26/04/06 17:15:47 GMT

Name: AnthonyX ca

Email: anthonyx@jowc.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I'll second you.

I have one other peeve in addition to tattoos and piercings: cigarettes/smoking.

I'd be very surprised if they could find girl today who has the figure of a 1950s pinup. Perhaps one who comes close might be Sara Rue. A little more "plump" than has been in fashion for some time now, but I don't care... she's got some shape to her, unlike most models/actresses today.

In reply to Message (22082.2.2.1.1.1) Hello Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The famous Go-Go's fountain video

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Wed 26/04/06 16:16:09 GMT

Gee Sopping....I must be getting old....cos I find myself agreeing with you.....ha ha...cos I can't stand tatoos or piercings either.  Those are my number one and two pet peeves (and number 3 is low rider jeans with butt cracks showing...ha ha).

One new movie that I WILL enjoy....is the new movie about the life story of 50's pin up girl Betty Page.....now those were the days when women had curves in all the right places..

http://www.thenotoriousbettiepage.com/

MK

In reply to Message (22082.2.2.1.1) Hello Re: Re: Re: Re: The famous Go-Go's fountain video

By Sopping - us Wed 26/04/06 13:21:05 GMT

No I am really partial to the original as it was shot. I like the outfits: 2 summer cotton minidresses; one conventional dress; two jeans. And the girls were really cute and vivacious as they frolicked in the water. I would love to see such a sequence made again, not with foul-mouthed MTV bimbos, but with really pretty non-pierced, non-tatooed girls with good singing voices. They must be out there somewhere.Or are they?

S:

In reply to Message (22082.2.2.1) Hello Re: Re: Re: The famous Go-Go's fountain video

By David Faltskog - davidfaltskog@yahoo.co.uk gb Wed 26/04/06 12:38:29 GMT

Never said i liked it MK anyway i prefer the original Fun Boy Three version of the song. Band

Gina Schock of the Go Gos was a member on the ABBA Features Forum i run so kudos too me. Wink Smile

D.F.

In reply to Message (22082.2.2) Hello Re: Re: The famous Go-Go's fountain video

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Wed 26/04/06 12:02:27 GMT

I have to agree with you there Anthony.....most remakes of movies or remixes of old videos really suck and don't come anywhere close to the original.....this new remix is awful, and the clothing is no good either....substituting dresses for casual pants.

Actually....there IS a pretty good re-make of the Our Lips Are Sealed video and fountain scenes....but this version ain't it.

2 years ago Hillary Duff and her sister made a remake of this song (for the movie A CINDERELLA STORY)...and that version has some pretty good scenes of Hillary and her sister cavorting in the fountains....but the best shots were left out of the final music video....and the better version was when I taped the MTV show "the making of (the music video)...which was a 30 minute show that showed how Hillary and her sister made those scenes.

Concerning why people continue to mess with classic films or music and re-make them.....and always badly.....it all boils down to the fact that Hollywood sees dollar signs....and they think that by taking successful films or tv shows like The Dukes of Hazzard or The Manchurian Candidate...and if they do a re-make those are sure to make money for them....and they are nearly always  wrong. Just cos an original movie was great....does not mean that re-making it will be a success as well.....even the recent King Kong re-make was a dismal box office failure.

The one really puzzling thing to me is....I can see why people want to re-make GOOD movies again.......but why on earth would Jim Carey want to do a re-make of FUN WITH DICK AND JANE.....when the original film was a stinker when Jane Fonda made it....and all Jim Carey did....was to re-make a bad movie...and to create an updated version of a bad movie....go figure.

MK

In reply to Message (22082.2) Hello Re: The famous Go-Go's fountain video

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Wed 26/04/06 11:10:55 GMT

The short answer to both your questions is: some people just can't leave well enough alone.

Some "bright spark" had the idea to remake/remix the original song and remake the video to go along with it. Hence the other group of girls who, with the magic of digital image manipulation, suddenly appear with the Go-Gos in the fountain.

Shots containing the mystery girls are new footage for the "fatboy slim" remake

Shots containing only the original Go-Gos are original footage for/from the original video

Shots containing both are the result of digital image processing, artificially adding new girls into the original fountain footage, demonstrating the extent to which a scene can be faked and to what lengths someone will go in their efforts to "improve" upon past works.

George Lucas may have been the vanguard, but technology has since created an army of Orwellian moving image "historians".

In reply to Message (22082) Hello The famous Go-Go's fountain video

By Sopping - us Wed 26/04/06 09:35:04 GMT

There is a good overview of one of the best wetlook videos ever made, IMO, "Our Lips are Sealed," by the Go-gos in the 1980s, here. http://www.nordstromsilverscreen.com/gogoBehind.html.

You have your choice of a "behind the scenes" look at the fountain frolic, as well as the video itself. There is something that I found to be mysterious though. There is a second convertible, a blue one, with another group of pretty girls, who also appear to end up in the fountain. They do not show up in the final video, but there are tantalizing glimpses of them in the sequences. Anyone have any ideas here?

Also, in the video I taped when it first came out show the girls coming out of the store with shopping bags. This does not seem to be in the video here. Hmmm?

S:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.021 seconds to generate ]