Wetlook-Online

Message # 20794.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Re: Re: How to get out of a sinking car

Date: Sat 18/02/06 07:11:19 GMT

Name: Martijn nl

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

You're right, trying to get out through the window while the car is still floating is the best option. Even the electrics will still work for about 7 minutes, so electric windows are not less safe than mechanical ones. They also recommend to switch on all the lights so people can see there's a car in the water.

Waiting for the car to sink means trying to open the door by pushing away a whole load of water, and when it happens to you there are no divers at hand to help...

So, serious business indeed, but ok for posting, I thought. There are a few pictures in the magazine as well, I still have to scan those and upload them.

Martijn

In reply to Message (20794.1.1) Hello Re: Re: How to get out of a sinking car

By Hopping Mad - nz Thu 16/02/06 03:52:28 GMT

They had a facinating piece on Top Gear a fair while ago that said the same thing.

The best option is to break a window (Or if the windows are not electric, then wind them down) and get out that way, I'm not sure why there is an insistance that people wait for the pressure to equalise.  It's stupid.

In reply to Message (20794.1) Warning! Re: How to get out of a sinking car

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Wed 15/02/06 17:14:06 GMT

Serious business actually.

This past week there was a tragic incident in which a woman and her infant child drowned in a submerged car. She lost control on a slippery road and the car ended up in an adjacent canal. She actually had time to place a cellphone call as the car sank and filled with water. By the time help arrived it was too late.

What most people don't know is that the best advice is to begin your escape immediately. You probably won't be able to open a door because of the water pressure, but there's a chance of making an escape through a side window. As shown in the video clips, most cars will float for perhaps a minute or so. Use the time to open or break a window and get out while the car is still floating. Of course, breaking a window is not necessarily that easy; auto glass is made to be pretty tough.

Forget the idea of waiting for the water pressure to equalize. By then, the car will probably be on the bottom, who knows how deep, and not necessarily upright. You'd need to be Houdini to pull off an escape from such circumstances.

In reply to Message (20794) Film/AVI How to get out of a sinking car

By Martijn - nl Wed 15/02/06 12:55:53 GMT

http://www.kampioen.nl/published/kmp/content/paginas/auto-te-water.nl.html

At the bottom of this page you will find 2 short movies of how to get out of a sinking car.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.037 seconds to generate ]