minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Wed 24/04/24 10:57:09 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook.Biz
Wetlook-Online

Message # 19802.2.1.1

Subject: Idea Re: Go ahead and use QuickTime!

Date: Fri 16/12/05 10:44:32 GMT

Name: WETINRED us

Email: stekz@cableone.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Give me some examples, John  I'd really liked to know which links are broken and what leads to different images. Email me with everything u find. I dare u. Wink Smile
In reply to Message (19802.2.1) Angry Go ahead and use QuickTime!

By QuickTime User - us Fri 16/12/05 00:33:30 GMT

First: why is this post relevant to wetlook?   Because those of us who visit a wetlook site expect things on that site to work properly and not put us through a lot of trouble displaying  or downloading things.  What would you think of this forum if it had message titles that link to a totally different message, or caused your computer to hang for no apparent reason?

Once again WIR reveals that he doesn't really know much about the technology he tries to work with.   Have you seen the Liquid Ladies site?    After a few months of WIR working on it, the site is a real mess--thumbnails that link to a different picture, scattered site structure, awful graphics, button 'mouse overs' that don't work, broken links, etc etc.   I'm sure the site loses a lot of sales from potential customers who get frustrated with a site that doesn't work right.  And the WIR site is crap too.

Playing a movie clip online through your browser is NOT streaming.   Streaming is a whole different animal that has to be set up on the site host's servers in order to work at all, and cameras/microphones that are on all the time, streaming output to the server.    Also, when someone does play a movie clip from the browser, the data is saved in the browser's cache, so that if they want to download it or play it again later, it comes from the cache, and not from re-downloading the clip (if that user uses the same computer), so there is almost no difference in bandwidth usage.

There is nothing 'wrong' with using QuickTime on a website.   In many ways it works better than other programs of its type--with QuickTime you can click the moving cursor to stop and move around the clip--you can't do that with Windows Media Player (at least not on my computer).   I get a better picture with QT, and can save the clip, if saving is allowed, from QT.   QT has one of the most efficient data compressors, making files smaller sometimes by as much as 50%.  Also, WMP is pretty buggy like most MicroSquish sofware (they just throw it together to rush it out to market to grab market share regardless of bugs still in the code) and it often causes a crash.   If you need a plugin, QT will take you to a web page that has many plugins to choose from.   When I encounter some clip that requires a plugin I don't have, I just move on to something else because I don't want to download all this plugin crap to clutter up my computer anyway--besides, some plugins want you to pay money before they'll work or they'll give you a trial version that works for a while and then breaks itself.  For that matter, if a clip does require some odd plugin, it's essentially a mistake on the part of the person who made the clip not to present it in the most accessible form--without the stupid plugin.   Another example of people messing with technology that is just way over their heads.

In reply to Message (19802.2) Read This Re: Why on earth do u need q/t to play videos?....

By WETINRED - stekz@cableone.net us Wed 14/12/05 10:04:04 GMT

...other than for the .mov formated media? Paahhhleassse do not left-click and stream my videos, as it wastes my b/w and then u only get a tiny screen with q/t. When someone or any site offers(esp freebies),Always right-click and save to ur hard drive. Most sites emphasise that. If u don't like it, u can delete it.

I will never put up any q/t or real media on the site. I have converters for those.

If u have a 800mhz or faster cpu (pentium 3 or p4 or equivelant)and Win XP u can play about anything with Windows Media Player version 10. All u need are all the divx codecs for the .avi's and they will play on it. Or u can play them on the Divx media player.And even on the VLC media player. Even on a system running Win2000, u can play just about anything on Win media player version 9. Some video is encoded with such codecs as "Xvid", "3ivx", and Indeo (Ligos). The codecs are free. Just download them. Microsoft has theur own set of decoders and codecs for the mpgs and the wmv formats. I have links where u can get anything u need on my links page.

Some files I have, have no audio in them, and sometimes I forget to mention that, but the Charlie's Angels clip does not have sound unfortunetly. Not that there was a lot of meaningful dialogue in the first place on that show, hahaha.

And as always if u have problems, email me thru the site or whereever, and I will help u.

Peace Man wir

In reply to Message (19802) Hello Non wetlook Quicktime question

By Magician - gb Wed 14/12/05 08:01:08 GMT

Can anybody help?? I have a free version of Quicktime from the net, which updates from the Quicktime net site. However, over the last month or so, when I download a video it tells me that Quicktime is missing one of its components that can't be downloaded from the website. If it can't be downloaded what can I do? Is there a new security device on the last download from Quicktime that now prevents me from watching videos on this free version?

Has anybopy else experienced the same problems? The latest download to suffer this were the free offerings from Wetinred (Thanks by the way), which I couldn't watch , but could only hear the sound, and from Wamtec Gold the last Quicktime video also would not work.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Magician

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.032 seconds to generate ]