Wetlook-Online

Message # 19651.1.1.1

Subject: Hello FireFox Optimisations

Date: Sun 04/12/05 05:52:47 GMT

Name: Nigel ex

Email: nigel@wetlook.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

A very comprehensive guide to the various tweaks is here: http://www.tweakguides.com/Firefox_8.html

Nigel

In reply to Message (19651.1.1) Hello Re: Re: Off topic again - Firefox

By Morbos - be Sun 04/12/05 04:55:44 GMT

Thanks for the icon-removal tip.  That's the only thing that I don't like about 1.5.  Looks like I'll be sticking with firefox for a while.  

You can greatly speed up the firefox browsing speed by opening up the number of connections and such.  Look it up on google or check this thread: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52431&highlight=speed+firefox

In reply to Message (19651.1) Talking Re: Off topic again - Firefox

By MaK - dk Sun 04/12/05 02:18:37 GMT

There is really not much fire over that fox and has never been. I usually call it Slowfox instead ;-)

Netscape had a very fast and efficient browser up to version 4.6 to 4.7 (depending on the language). Then they "committed suicide" and jumped on this terrible Mozilla project, which Firefox is also a part of.

You have done a great job making this forum fast, so you know something about efficiency, but most programmers do not do that. A sufficent amount of object-oriented programming can kill even the fastest computer.

I have also tried Opera. It is fast and efficient, but it cannot print - at least not to PostScript - and it do not display things the way IE do, so even though I am really not among Microsoft's biggest fans, I see no alternative to IE.

In reply to Message (19651) Note Off topic again - Firefox

By Nigel - nigel@wetlook.com ex Sat 03/12/05 17:02:51 GMT

Hum, not very impressed with the new build - 1.5 seems very slow - 1 thing you can do to speed it up - disable the damn thumnail tabs - this takes processing time to squeeze them down:

1 Enter URL of about:config

2 filter on "image_icon" (browser.chrome.image_icons.max_size sets the size above which thumbnails aren't produced)

3 change the value from 1024 to 0

Nigel

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.004 seconds to generate ]