Wetlook-Online

Message # 19532.4

Subject: Hello Re: A Word About PPV Videos

Date: Sun 27/11/05 04:15:21 GMT

Name: Wet Sweatshirts gb

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

It's fair to say that some of the responses were quite rude, but I'd also like to remind everyone that some of them were fair and constructive, and it could also have been the case that Jim was sitting at home wondering why his PPV videos weren't selling as much as he'd hoped, or something like that.

Well, now because of the polite people, he may have an idea. If he's selling shedloads of downloads, then fine, lucky him! :-)

If not? well, at least some of his lost potential customers have spoken too and he's aware of their feelings. You simply can't buy that sort of information in business.

There'll alwyas be rude people on the internet, who somehow feel better about themselves for being nasty, when theres no chance of recrimination, and it's best to just ignore them.

I love the look of your videos Jim, but compared to the other sites that I subscribe to, it appears to me to be poor value.

If Jim's business model appears not to be working, then he'll have to change or go out of business. Maybe it WILL work and the other wetlook producers will move to that method too. That's life!

Best of luck to all producers. I don't make videos, I just buy them! :-)

WS.

In reply to Message (19532) Info A Word About PPV Videos

By Jim - jim121272@aol.com us Sat 26/11/05 17:42:44 GMT

There has been considerable debate recently about the concept of pay-per-view by wetlook producers. Although I wasn't the first to do it, and others have made similar services available after me and have been lavishly praised for it, I've somehow become the prime target of the PPV-detractors. But that's fine, I don't mind addressing the concerns all.

First, let's all establish the fact that PPV is not new, nor is it restricted to wetlook -- it is all around us. If you go out with your wife or girlfriend to see a movie, that, by definition, is pay-per-view. I've never heard anyone come out of a movie grumbling that they only got to see it once. You pay what it costs, and you know you're getting exactly one viewing. If you want to watch a recently-released movie on your TV, or the next heavyweight boxing match, guess what? That is PPV too.

Second, the term "renting" has come up to describe viewing my videos. That is exactly correct. News Flash: We pay "rent" on our apartments, car leases, storage facilities, wedding tuxedos, and -- yes -- movies too. I'm sure most of us have walked into Blockbuster or visited netflix.com to rent (there's that dirty word again) a movie that we want to see. We do so with the full knowledge that the movie must be returned within a limited time frame, and cannot be legally copied. Again, nobody purchases these videos and gives the store clerk a dirty look when it's time to return them. That is the contract, and it is understood by the consumer at the time of purchase.

Third, Wetlook Unlimited offers other alternatives besides pay-per-view. You can purchase a production DVD that you'll have for a long time, or you can purchase a custom DVD. Naturally, the custom DVD is more expensive because it takes more work to create, but you do get exactly the scenes you want. And the consumer has the reasonable expectation that the current DVD format will be supported for many years into the future.

For many reasons, mainly related to business and technology, it is not feasible or even possible for me to guarantee a permanent license. If I close up shop, or my PPV hosting service changes, or Microsoft chooses to stop supporting the PPV capabilities of their Media Player, then all of my customers are screwed. I refuse to lie to my customers and sell a license that is purported to be "permanent" when in reality it is not. At the current state of the technology, there are just too many factors beyond my control to guarantee perpetual licenses. My sense of business ethics prohibits me from claiming otherwise.  

So the "usual suspects" of detractors that take every opportunity to bash me (Attention: Icarus Studios -- haven't I already CLEARLY explained this matter to you in another forum several weeks ago?) can complain all they want, to no avail. I am not forcing anyone to use this service, nor are the majority of consumers opposed to the concept of PPV or rentals. The success of other video rental services has proven that. Everyone has the option to purchase a PPV, a DVD, or nothing from me at all. I fully respect the opinion of those who feel that PPV is not the correct solution for them. But to purchase a license that is known to be temporary, and then complain about it -- or to smear my service because they are simply "morally opposed" to pay-per-view -- is the pinnacle of ignorance.

Ultimately, the consumer will decide what services are right. And so far, the popularity of this service has spoken far more loudly than the mere handful who oppose it. I'm sure that other wetlook producers who offer simiar products would agree.

Jim

http://www.wetlookunlimited.com

http://www.legsunlimited.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.005 seconds to generate ]