WetlookPro

Message # 19085.1.3.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: OT: International Standard Date Format

Date: Thu 03/11/05 11:28:44 GMT

Name: Ikarus Studio pl

Email: okmkm@wp.pl

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

The Americans will never accept it, beacause it is more like the European system, just the other way around. DD-MM-YYYY changed to YYYY-MM-DD.

Mike.

In reply to Message (19085.1.3.1) Info OT: International Standard Date Format

By Nonny Mouse - uu Thu 03/11/05 09:25:10 GMT

Actually, the world HAS chosen a single standard.  It's called ISO 8601, but most people don't know about it and/or don't use it.  Local culture (on both sides of the pond) has enormous inertia - look how hard it was for the Brits to switch to metric, and the Yanks still haven't managed it.

As a previous poster indicated, the standard is yyyy-mm-dd.  Because it uses all digits, there are no language issues.  Because it uses "-" as the delimiter, it won't be confused with mm/dd or dd/mm type formats (and in fact "/" is reserved in this format for intervals like "the 3rd through the 5th").  Because the most significant digits come first and the mm and dd fields are always two digits (e.g. "03" not "3"), alphabetical order is the same as chronological order.  And last but not least, the Chinese already do it this way, and their culture is way older than the Europeans' and Americans', not to mention that they vastly outnumber us. :-)

If you want all the geeky details, go to Google, type "ISO 8601" (with the quotes), and hit "I'm feeling lucky."

This message posted on 2005-11-03.

In reply to Message (19085.1.3) Hello European format is older ;-P :-)

By Ikarus Studio - okmkm@wp.pl pl Thu 03/11/05 03:26:09 GMT

Sorry to tell you this mate, but the European format is older, as is the European civilization. It's just the fact that Americans dominate on the Internet that makes it seem the other way around. By the way IMHO the world should choose one (I don't really care which) and stick with it. Because it really is confussing a bit on the net.

Mike.

In reply to Message (19085.1) Info Off Topic but I have to ask

By Frank - uu Wed 02/11/05 20:56:27 GMT

Exactly when did the world decide to occasionaly start changing how dates are displayed?  I mean, FOREVER it was MM/DD/YY... like today is 11/02/05.  No mistaking that for anything but today.  But 2/11?  That could either be February 11th, or somebody using the new way of showing a date... but either way it lends itself to confusion.

Just a mindless rant...

In reply to Message (19085) Links sc update 2/11

By wetfraser - stevefraser4@aol.com sx Wed 02/11/05 15:33:16 GMT

hilary wet wearing a denim skirt and t-shirt only 1 wet pic

http://www.southern-charms2.com/hillary/fotos004.htm

tiauk wearing a white top and jeans in the shower NOTE the pics are in B&W

http://www.southern-charms3.com/tiauk/fotos063.htm

steve

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.028 seconds to generate ]