WetlookPro

Message # 1838.1

Subject: Sad I think many WAM producers will stop free material

Date: Fri 17/01/03 05:00:05 GMT

Name: Kev (Styx) via GrahamUK gb

Email: kev@styx-photography.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

(For technical reasons, Kev cannot post to the forum but asked me to post this message)

I think many WAM producers will stop handing out free material. In the 16 months the Styx freesite has been running, hundreds of thousands of picture and video downloads have been made by visitors. The top video clip has been downloaded over 8,000 times! I can count on one hand the number of emails or comments that have been made about it. In other words, over 99.9% of people just take without even saying thank you.

Maybe Mark's point is that it is all too easy for people to get free material, a right click and it's yours! The amount of trouble people go to in producing and distributing free material is completely taken for granted. Solving a puzzle is nothing compared to actually producing the material and then running a website- I think that's the point that Mark is making.

It appears that a large proportion of the community have a "want it here, want it now, want it free" attitude and as soon as they have to go to any trouble whatsoever they start screaming from the roof tops- they never once consider how much effort other people have to make to provide it for them.

You really have to question the term "community" sometimes, what sort of community comprises a handful of people providing freebies to thousands people who are either (largely) ungrateful, or worse still, ready to criticise when something doesn't suit them?

Fountain Frolic is correct the main "whiners" are those who contribute virtually nothing to the community. Leon is also spot on with his comments, why should we let a few moaners (who we wouldn't miss if they never made another appearance) dictate to the people who are actually doing the "hard miles" in this community?

Kev (Styx)

In reply to Message (1838) Hello puzzles will end

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Fri 17/01/03 04:22:17 GMT

FYI, Nigel raises some very valid points that I had not considered before....i.e. that my postings were causing long threads that were eating up space in the forum. I might add...that if posting messages that cause long threads is a crime...then not only should puzzles be banned, but also "polls" too...i.e. folks who post messages asking people to vote for the next photoset they want to see are equally as guilty of creating long threads too.

The point is valid though...long threads without meaningful content are a waste of space and bandwidth to the forum...so I agree with what Nigel says.....i.e. space and bandwidth on the forum should be more productively used and tactics designed to get feedback (i.e. polling or puzzles or any attempts to get a lot of people to respond to your thread) are not a good idea for this forum.

Therefore, puzzles must now end...and I will consider a new strategy in order to manage my bandwidth...cos my bandwidth costs are high and have to be managed too. I cannot afford to post streaming videos for  free for the entire community without turning my site into a members only paysite..and I do not wish to do that. I am not going to create a pay site for video streams. I will develop a new stategy to show video streams for wamtec supporters, contacts, members, traders et al...so if future I will not post info about video streams here...cos I don't want all the negative feedback these seem to have created (it amazes me how something I considered to be a maganimous gesture....i.e. free video streams...has caused so much hate mail). The people doing all the whining are not wamtec fans anyay...so there is nothing I can do to appease them. In future I will not post info on video streams here...I will keep it off this forum and post the info on my website only...and anybody who is a wamtec customer or supporter can email me and I will give them the link privately via email.

Sorry for all this trouble this has caused. This was not my intent. My intent was to inject a little fun into this forum....but as my old dad used to say...when you are not having fun...it's time to get out of Dodge.

MK

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.012 seconds to generate ]