Wetlook-Online

Message # 18016.2.1.2.1.1

Subject: Thumbs Up Re: Good work

Date: Fri 02/09/05 15:42:38 GMT

Name: van-wet ca

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
good work, look forward to seen more updates.
In reply to Message (18016.2.1.2.1) Great Thanks MK

By riverratt - us Fri 02/09/05 13:58:34 GMT

Thanks MK for the rundown on the skinny.

Like we all know, the best thing we can do to begin with is to put our back to the best light sourses available.

I also increase the exposure to full in the camera for the outdoor poolparties. Sometimes I experiment with using the light on close subjects, however I tend to forget it's on and then that screws-up the exposure when I'm shooting out some distance.

Out of the 4 parties, the only one with bad exposure was Lido. The olympic size pool was huge and the local lighting was only subject in "that light sourse" area. Consequentely, not knowing what will happen where, you play at your own risk of shooting a great shot in a "bad lighting" area. Fundamentally, there are two general areas that usually have action, the main pool access paths and corners that I discovered in my recent poolparty vacation in regards to these particular parties.

I have been in contact with Hans regarding a clip I sent him as a test. He seemed to like it but asked if I had a clip of just girls. I have one formatted, and I was going to send it over, however he didn't post the test I sent. Given my trial and error currently, perhaps it will be too dark once up on the web as well. I'll test with that one too as well.

Lunchtime provided me time enough to swap the file over into Windows Movie Maker and I enlightened the whole clip 3 times. I am currently up loading it onto Share...eh..Tracks?.de

I've gone blank now..ugh.

Anyway I'll experiment with a few clips and let you know what pans out the best on the web. I just may contact Hans again and send it to him via megaupload to post.

Yes, Pinnacle 9 is a marvelous editor, and my laptop is last years model with a P4.

Because I wanted a spiffy graphical intro, I used P9. The rest of the videos will be downloaded into WMM and saved as a WMV to my computer. I don't have much editing if any expect to cut out those segments where I thought I hit the pause button and really didn't? (just a few shots of my feet..hehe)

Will keep you posted as to the next "premeire" you'll be able to see..hehe.

In reply to Message (18016.2.1.2) Hello Re: Re: Hmmmm...

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Fri 02/09/05 11:36:35 GMT

I can definitely see that a lot of hard work went into editing that trailer.....I use the latest Pinnacle 9plus software too...and my pc cannot handle all those multi-window or picture in picture effects. My pc's processor is only 1.7ghz and too old to handle effects like that....it will just freeze up in preview mode if I try to add lots of multi screen effects like that. You obviously must have a new pc was a fast processor or dual xeon processor in order to do effects like that.....very cool....nice job. I need to upgrade my pc soon and get a faster processor, cos I cannot use many of the effects Pinnacle now has available.

FYI....you can brighten up and enhance the video by just clicking on the "color correction" button in your video toolbar, and that will brighten and enhance the footage for online displays by about 20%.

Unfortunately, the most difficult aspect about public pool parties...is an issue that myself, Liquid Ladies, Leonmoomin and Akuna video are often debating about....i.e. public events pool parties are ALWAYS too dark to make out good details, cos there is no direct lighting on the subjects or the pool...only ambient lighting around the pool. Leon, Hans from Akuna, myself, Weinerking etc has wrestled with this problem a lot....and the only options you have are to:

a) if you are in charge of the pool party....make sure you rig up several floodlights across the pool for any night time pool parties...cos ambient lighting is no good for wetlook effects. Leonmoomin arranges this for his pool party and dunk tank events, and last year Weinerking and I set up special lighting for his pool party in Tennessee. Some folks like Wet Brian (Apex video) have a video light attached to their camcorder and a bag of long life batteries....cos a video light direct on the subjects will work. However...this may be considered "intrusive" if this is not your event....and so when Hans from Akuna films the german pool parties he just has to get the best he can....given that the lighting in the german night clubs and pool parties is always bad (the Natrix pool parties are the worst...for having bad light....cos bad lighting = grainy looking video).

b) the best option is.....to use camcorder models that work best in low light (i.e. zero lux camcorders). Leon and I have done much research and testing on different camcorders in low light conditions....and the irony is...the old format Hi-8 camcorders made back in the 1990's...work much better in low light than today's digital camcorders work in low light. I have 3 chip camcorders for professional shoots...and 3ccd camcorders are awesome in daylight or studio light...but they cannot flm in low light. All 3ccd camcorders are lousy in low light...there is only one 3ccd camcorder that works well in low light...thats the Sony VX2100 (around $2600) which Nigel uses. The BEST little camcorders these days for low light filming are the little Sony HC series camcorders. I was very impressed when Bob from REG Productions showed me his Sony HC camcorder....so I bought one for $300 especially for low light film shoots...and that works very nicely....much better than my 3ccd professional cameras do.

Low light pool parties are very difficult to turn into video streams on the web....unless the pool party is properly lit or you have a video light on the camcorder or you have a camcorder that is a zero lux model and can shoot well in the dark...there is not much else you can do. You can enhance the brightness of the video via Pinnacle color correction tool by about 20%....but if you brighten things too much then it just looks more and more grainy and lacking definition.

Thats the dichotomy.....unless you are the organizer of the pool party (as Leon and Weinerking normally are) then you cannot put flood lights on people or direct a video light at them....cos if you do, then that becomes intrusive. All that can be done is to use a camcorder that works best in low light....and for that...the Sony HC series camcorders work best....and some of the Digital8 models work quite well too.

The best thing may be...for folks to just watch the DVD instead....cos you can see things better on a dvd than a videostream anyway.

Good luck with your productions

MK

In reply to Message (18016.2.1) Hello Re: Hmmmm...

By riverratt - us Fri 02/09/05 10:04:50 GMT

The one effect I was not aware of was the transmission quality in uploading which does produce darker imaging. Also using a smaller file to upload with.

I will be re-working the original clip to enlighten the entire video and will repost with a new location.

I am sorry, I hadn't seen it on the web until I got to work this morning. I've been reading up on the web about uploading videos and enhancing technics since.

Your right...after all the hard work....it's crap now.

Ugh.

In reply to Message (18016.2) Hello Hmmmm...

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Fri 02/09/05 09:48:31 GMT

I took a look. Appears that a fair amount of time and effort went into preparing and publishing the trailer.

Looks like a lot of people are having a lot of fun, lots of people being thrown or jumping into pools. Unfortunately all the trailer footage is dark and distant.

In reply to Message (18016) Film/AVI Poolparty Express Trailer

By riverratt - us Fri 02/09/05 08:33:36 GMT

Website: http://media.putfile.com/Poolparty-Express-Unlimited

It gives me great pleasure to announce that the triler has been finished and is now up on the web :)

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.019 seconds to generate ]