MyWetloook

Message # 1801.2.2.2

Subject: Peace Man Re: Wow didn't realize all of this Thx 4 clarifing!!!! [nt]

Date: Wed 15/01/03 03:35:40 GMT

Name: WETINRED us

Email: stekz@cableone.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
(no text)
In reply to Message (1801.2.2) Hello Re: Re: Copyright infringement

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Wed 15/01/03 02:26:29 GMT

It actually goes a lot farther than that....and extends to brand names of products being used on videos too. Jim is correct...so is the original poster...i.e. it is NOT ok to use copyrighted music on your videos unless you have bought the rights to it. All the reputatable wetlook producers take great care to buy the licensing rights to the music they use. FYI, the trade name for this music is called "buyout music" or "royalty free" music. The producers like myself, Nigel, Bill Shipton, Jim et all...all buy the licensing rights to the music we use on our videos. You can typically buy CDs of such music for $100 to $150 per CD (ouch...yes...they are expensive). This is all the music you hear on my video streams...we have bought the rights to use that music...and as Jim says....the same music gets bought by loads of other people too...especially people who make local tv commercials. It always gives me a chuckle when I hear a piece of music on a local tv spot, that is the same music I use for one of my fetish scenes. We have one local tv ad for a carpet cleaning service in my area...that uses the same music I use for a memorable shower scene...and it makes you chuckle when you hear music for some pizza delivery service...and you mind instantly thinks of your fetish scene where you used that same music.

....but as I was saying...it goes WAY beyond mere music...it also applies to BRAND NAMES and products you may use in your video too. Sure...if you are the producers of a James Bond film...you can collected 100 million dollars upfront by having all the brand name companies like BMW, Jaguar, Rolex and others place their brand name logos deliberately into your movie...thats called "product placement". However...if are you a small time dipshit producer like I am...the brand name companies DON'T want you advertising their product in a fetish video that they may not wish to be associated with. This is why..when you see the UK wam videos and other videos we have made...we try to (if we can remember) to cover over the labels on any product items that are displayed too prominently in the video...i.e. it is wise to cover up the label on that ketchup bottle or can of budweiser beer...cos they may not appreciate you advertising their product on your fetish video.

Heck....I am probably the biggest buyer of stuff from Fredericks of Hollywood and Hanes pantyhose there is...but somehow I don't think these companies want me to promote their labels on my videos...ha ha.  Likewise...I doubt that HERSHEYS chocolate sauce would appreciate all the uses we get from their chocolate sauce bottles either...ha ha. Thats why when you see an Aquantics or WSM video from the UK...Roger, Bill and David take great care to cover up the labels on tins of custard and the baked beans...ha ha...

mk

In reply to Message (1801.2) Hello Re: Copyright infringement

By Jim - jim121272@aol.com us Tue 14/01/03 22:08:20 GMT

You're correct, it is technically an infringement if the video is being sold or reproduced for commercial purposes, and the producer intentionally put it there. That's why I (and, if you notice, the Girls Gone Wild commercials too) all use music that we have already paid for and are licensed to reproduce. Imagine the hot water HE would be in, if he sold millions of videos with copyrighted music on the tape. But regardless of the volume of sales, the principle is still the same.

Jim

In reply to Message (1801) Sad Copyright infringement

By VeniceCaro - venicecaro@yahoo.com us Tue 14/01/03 15:55:17 GMT

While some of you may know of me, I've never posted anything here but I just saw something that I can't hold my silence about. A friend of mine ordered some wetlook tapes from a video producer and showed them to me. I was fairly disturbed by them because they had regular copyrighted popular music throughout them.

Now I'm sure if someone bought one of every different tape this producer sells and then made copies and sold them, the producer would be incensed and scream piracy. However he would probably never take into consideration that his crime is the same.

Has anyone else noticed this and has it bothered anyone else? Now the producer may argue that the music was just playing in the background but even if that excuse is used, it's still stealing copyrighted material.

I hope this isn't a trend in the wetlook world and I hope he examines his ethics for his subsequent volumes.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.028 seconds to generate ]