WetlookPro

Message # 17933.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Re: camera ruined??

Date: Mon 29/08/05 08:23:05 GMT

Name: tdouty us

Email: tdouty@yahoo.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I did take the batteries out and the memory card as well.  I wanted to make sure the memory card was still good and it was so I don't think any water got to the contacts.  I really didn't think it was going to hurt it, but it was probably the force of the water that did hit it that caused the problem.  It wasn't much, but what did hit it, hit it hard.
In reply to Message (17933.1) Idea Re: camera ruined??

By auswet - au Mon 29/08/05 08:09:34 GMT

First the bad news salt water (as in sea) will corrode the electronics to hell if it got in, if the camera is an olympus u300 or u400 they are weather proof, no good for dunking but ok in the rain.  But... do you have home insurance? maybe you should look at any insurance you may have as it may cover cameras when away from home.  Just a thought but sorry this should happen and i am sure the wetlook community will rally.

Auswet.

Oh yeah pull the battery and memory card out and make sure the contacts are clean and dry use a pencil eraser on them GENTLY!

In reply to Message (17933) Question camera ruined??

By tdouty - tdouty@yahoo.com us Mon 29/08/05 07:09:25 GMT

Ok, I'll put this out there for ideas.  On this last trip, we had a bit of an accident with the camera.  You can see from the sweater teaser pic that this photo set was taken pretty late in the evening.  I was trying to photograph Jennifer from the front side as she waded into the ocean.  I got a few pictures and then a big wave hit me from the back.  Jennifer didn't see it coming either.  I raised the camera up high when it hit, but it got a good hit of saltwater.  It worked long enough to take some more picture, but hasn't worked since.  I'm still hoping it will dry out, but really doubt it will ever turn on again.  The problem is that this camera belongs to my mother.  I've been using it for a while now but had to return it soon.  I have to replace this camera before I can even think about getting one for ourselves.  When we do get one, we'd like to get one with an underwater housing (gee, wonder why?).  We've never charged anything for the pictures we've given to the community and are looking for help to get a camera because without it, the photos are done for a while.  I've thought about ideas, but can't think of much that will help us to hide our identity easily except for one thing.  I was thinking that it might work to have anyone wishing to make a donation towards the camera fund to give the donation to my paypal account (http://www.paypal.com) at tdouty@yahoo.com  Does anyone have any other ideas or would anyone be willing to make a donation in this way?  What are your thoughts?  I was thinking that this might work because I could then use the Paypal funds to purchse a camera online.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.073 seconds to generate ]