Wetlook-Online

Message # 17441.1

Subject: Hello Re: DISENABLING JAVA

Date: Mon 01/08/05 15:46:58 GMT

Name: Telcontar gb

Email: mrnemesis@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
First off, the technology in question is JavaScript, with a "script" ... :) See http://risley.net/twiki/bin/view/ICab/JavaScript if you want more information on the difference.

Anyhow, how you switch it off and how intelligently you can do this depends on your browser, naturally. Alas, on most browsers there is no easy option and this is going to be hard work.

Internet Explorer users can go into Tools > Internet Options > Security and control it from there (I think ... I am not an IE user but I have had a crack at figuring it out!) How you do this depends on how you already use the security settings. If like most people you have never used them, you can commandeer the Restricted settings, but you may end up turning off stuff you want. You should find that, if you select Restricted sites and click Custom Level, website scripting (Scripting > Active scripting) is already disabled. As is, mercifully, META refresh which should stop Webshots pages from refreshing every 30 minutes! So, just click Sites and add http://community.webshots.com/ to the list. From then on, JavaScript should stop getting executed for the site. You might need to tweak the Restricted sites settings in case other features you need are turned off. HOWEVER PLEASE NOTE that if you EVER want to use Restricted sites for GENUINELY restricted sites, do restore the settings to their defaults first with the Default Level button.

Firefox users have a very different view. From Tools > Options, select Web Features and untick "Enable JavaScript". Sadly this option is global and will affect all sites, and lots of sites will refuse to work or act erratically with it turned off. Firefox users would be advised to look into an extension that offers more granularity of control, as well as being able to turn off darned META refresh :) That said, I do not have a problem with it in Firefox to begin with ...

If anyone is using iCab (Mac OS), I also know how to configure iCab for this. It offers the best control but is super nerdy to set up.

In reply to Message (17441) Question DISENABLING JAVA

By Nik - gb Mon 01/08/05 11:34:07 GMT

Recently someone said that by disenabling Java the adverts

that come with the webshots would be removed enabling these

pictures to be viewed a lot quicker.

How can this be done?

Nik

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.020 seconds to generate ]