Wetlook-Online

Message # 17350.1.1

Subject: Note Ulead 7 'is' an improvement

Date: Thu 28/07/05 03:44:27 GMT

Name: Nigel ex

Email: nigel@wetlook.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Apart from the audio issue, Ulead 7 is very impressive - the render time seems about 3 times faster - in fact it's 'so' fast that when I leave it running and do something else then come back in a few minutes and it's not rendering, I think "s%&t it's crashed" but it hasn't, it's just finished :) This is lucky as I've managed to re-render 2 hours of footage and do NTSC-PAL conversions all in one evening...

The rest of the interface is still the same, which is good, but with a lot of tweaks for things that I (and I assume others) found annoying.

Also, very surprising for new software, it loads a little faster than the previous version  !

Nigel

In reply to Message (17350.1) Hello Re: ARGHHH - Off topic - for video producers

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Wed 27/07/05 18:54:14 GMT

Ditto....I and others have have lots of problems upgrading to the latest version of Pinnacle 9.4plus too. For starters the new system refused to install unless you had windows service pack 2 already installed, and the upgrade never worked and crashed. In the end I had to call Pinnacle and get the to send me a FULL installation disk...cos their upgrade disk did not work....

..... and after a lot of problems, I finally got the darn thing installed, and then I experienced the same thing you appear to have experienced....i.e they changed all the audio levels on the new version, so I am constantly now having to adjust audio levels all the time, which is something I did not have to do so much with the earlier versions of the software.

Whats more...the new system now renders 2-3 times slower, cos it has much more overhead now (i.e. chroma keying etc)...so now I have a an upgraded software that now performs much slower. They just have given people a warning message with this upgrade...i.e. if you upgrade...make sure to go out and buy a brand new 3ghz dual processor pc...cos this thing runs quite slow on my old 1.7ghz pc.

Such is life...

But at least the new system I am now using is more stable now and does not crash all the time like the earlier version did...

I guess a slower but stable system,....is better than an unstable system.

MK

In reply to Message (17350) Note ARGHHH - Off topic - for video producers

By Nigel - nigel@wetlook.com ex Wed 27/07/05 17:45:16 GMT

I find it very frustrating when a new version of software is subtly incompatible with the last ...

I’ve still finishing off the final edits for the new Minx video, M17 - Wet All Over…

I've been using Ulead Media Studio 6.5 for editing videos for a few years, and was basically happy with it, but in the last few weeks it has become unstable, and keeps crashing (Win2K). So I upgraded to version 7 - looks much the same (I hate it when the interface changes for no good reason) and seemed to work fine with my previous projects, set up for all the scenes on M17 ... however, it wasn't until I started recording back to DV tape that I realised they've screwed the audio tracks up !

Audio tracks are now AVERAGED !!! ARGH - what that means is that if you want to add in some background music, and keep the original soundtrack, then when the music track starts, the original sound level sudden drops ! An the music is not at it's original level either... God only knows why they did that - and without any mention of it, or a simple tick box to make thinks work how they used to !

I've had to go through all the scenes boosting levels, and re-doing the cross-fades (they must now be log fades to avoid a dip in levels) - bastards - end result - M17 is still in final preparation - sorry to all those asking me about it.

Anyhow, just had to have a quick rant, and pass this on to anyone using Ulead.

Nigel

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.025 seconds to generate ]