MyWetloook

Message # 16551.1.1.1.1.2.2

Subject: Hello Re: ..elaboration.....there is no gender bias on the show

Date: Mon 13/06/05 11:32:36 GMT

Name: AnthonyX ca

Email: anthonyx@jowc.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Thanks for the clarification, MK. I guess the postings we've seen for Ciao Darwin have led to a somewhat biased understanding (or misunderstanding) of the show.

If that show was to be produced in Canada (English), my hope would be for a channel like City TV (Toronto) to do it. If you've ever seen "Ed the Sock", you'll know why. Maybe not the best programming on tv, but it is a clear demonstration of how liberal their programming standards are, which would make for better entertainment.

If I recall correctly, there was some observation that some versions of the show don't end up putting women in the tank well-dressed i.e. they are wearing casual clothes. I wonder if a French Canadian version of the show will be like that, or worse - allow contestants to change into conventional swimwear before going in.

As for the shape of the tank... yes... a cylindrical tank doesn't make for an attractive view of the woman, but it does allow for an unobstructed all-around view - probably makes camera blocking much easier. I wonder if there is some sort of compromise... a way to negate the distortion without introducing obstructions such as the corner pillars of a square tank.

In reply to Message (16551.1.1.1.1.2) Hello ..elaboration.....there is no gender bias on the show

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Mon 13/06/05 09:02:39 GMT

Just to elaborate...cos those of you coming to the conclusion that this is a "sexist" show that exploits women and is therefore politically incorrect on that basis....you are wrong. You have not seen the ENTIRE show....you are basing assumptions purely on the clips you have seen...and not on what the ENTIRE show is about.

Bear in mind...we have only been showing you clips from the FEMALE scenes on the show...but thats not what the show is totally about. Whether the show is politically incorrect or not is debatable....but this is NOT a show focused on exploiting women...cos there is EQUAL emphasis on the MALES in the show too.

As anybody who has taped the show will tell you....this is NOT a show where only women go into the water tank each week. The show cast and participants are 50 males versus 50 females...and whomever gets picked to go into the water tank...is purely based on a lucky draw where they pick numbers and the people seated on those seats have to go into the water tank. The show OFTEN has MEN in the water tank each week. In fact....I have been taping the Polish Ciao Darwin that started airing in the USA on the ITVN channel last month...and for the first 3 weeks it was men and men and more men going into the water tank. I had to wait 3 weeks or 3 shows...and it was not until the 4th show that they had a woman going into the tank. Same thing with the Italian version...often you get nothing for 3 shows in a row...and only 1 in every 4 shows has 2 women the dunk tank. The show is not sexist nor biased against women.....if anything...the bias on the show is that they have too many MEN and CRINKLY OLD PEOPLE going into the tank....cos in some weeks you get some 60 year old hag going in the water tank (yuk) too....

So...the format of the show cannot be accused of targetting young women and exploiting them. There are 50 men and 50 women on the show...and often the men go in the dunk tank..and so do very old and ugly people too. The show is pretty even in the way the game is played....basically...from all the tapings I have done myself from the Italian and Polish versions...about 1 in every 4 shows has nice scenes we like (which is what you see posted)...but 3 out of every 4 shows are a dud...i.e. no young ladies in the tank...and so we don't show you all the male wetlook and geriatric wetlook that occurs on the show.

As for Anthony's comment about whether TVA Quebec channel will alter the format....it is true...that each country has slightly modified the show....some for the good...and some for the not so good....but ALL countries have kept the water tank and the same format for the show.

FYI....the Hungarian version is definitely the sexiest version of the show...because that is the ONLY version that has the "Flashdance" water dance routine each week. I.E. in addition to the water tank...in Hungary they have a feature in the middle of the show where a girl in a sexy outfit and stockings will do a dance and then sit on a chair and get doused with water...like Jennifer beals did in Flashdance. That routine is unique to the Hungarian version only...they do not do that in the other versions.

The Italian version is the next sexiest version...because in the middle of the show they will have topless girls in bath tubs and other sexy skits with light nudity.

The Romanian and Polish versions do not have nudity...because the law in those countries is that you cannot have nudity being shown on tv before midnight. However...while the Romanian version may lack the sexier scenes....it beats all the other versions, cos that is one of the FEW versions where the girls actually keep their shoes ON in the water. The Romanian and Mexican versions are the only versions where the girls keep their shoes on....in all other countries they take their shoes off before they enter the water tank.

So....the owners of the show have allowed each country to modify things slightly......e.g. the cylindrical water tank used in Italy and other countries really sucks...cos it distorts the view and makes each girl look like she has a pin head...with the rest of her body looking like The Incredible Hulk. Some countries like Hungary and Poland decided to use a square tank...which is much better for viewing with no distortions.

We will just have to wait and see...what Canada and Germany and Lebanon and Russia do...when they modify the game and launch their own versions. My gut feel is...the French-Canadian version may not be so bad after all.

Maybe the reason the show will never make it to america...is because with 70% of the population in America being obese these days....it might be hard to find people to actually fit into that water tank. If the show was to air in America...they would have to re-title the show as "Archimedes Principle".....ha ha...just kidding.

MK

In reply to Message (16551.1.1.1.1) Hello Re: Why is wetlook politically incorrect :-/?

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Mon 13/06/05 06:35:52 GMT

Not "wetlook" per se.

In North America, beauty contests have come under attack from feminist groups as being exploitive of women, or reducing them to objects. Ciao Darwin appears to contain many of the elements of a beauty contest. If the contestants are only women, and they are dressed up and made up to look their best, then someone WILL complain about it exploiting women. The water tank segment would likely be criticized as being degrading to women. Let's face it - our desire to see well-dressed women drenched in a water tank IS politically incorrect, but I would rather satisfy my desire for wetlook than obsess about what is or is not politically correct.

Actually, most of the production wetlook material can be considered politically incorrect because there is always some degree of objectification of the models. Yes, the models have a choice as to whether or not they want to do it, and most of the time the models seem to be happy to do it. Nevertheless, women performing for the entertainment of men is considered by feminists to be degrading or exploitive, and is therefore "politically incorrect". Personally, I think it is nonsense. Anyone who freely makes an informed choice to do something is NOT being exploited or degraded, no matter what it is they do. If the feminist argument held ANY merit, it should be applied to all those stupid reality shows which exploit both women AND men. Many of the Fear Factor "gross-out" stunts are in my opinion far more degrading to the contestants (men or women) than any beauty contest.

In reply to Message (16551.1.1.1) Hello Why is wetlook politically incorrect :-/? [nt]

By Alabama - pl Mon 13/06/05 00:49:40 GMT

(no text)
In reply to Message (16551.1.1) Hello Not to be negative but...

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Sun 12/06/05 22:05:48 GMT

Assuming by "bought" you mean licensed by producers for local versions of the show, I wonder if the tanks and costumes will remain part of the show.

I can't help thinking that a Canadian Ciao Darwin will either (1) not have the water tank segment, (2) not subject female contestants to it, or (3) ensure that contestants have a chance to change into bathing suits before entering the tank. I suppose a French-Canadian version may stand a better chance of keeping to the format we enjoy in the Hungarian version, but I suspect an English-Canadian or American version will have the format adulterated in the name of political correctness.

In reply to Message (16551.1) Hello : Csao Darwin in Russia? ..also soon for Canada, Lebanon and Germany too

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Sun 12/06/05 21:23:18 GMT

Here is the info wherein it says that Ciao Darwin will soon air on the NTV Russian channel (known as the HTBA channel on American satellite systems). They announced it on April 29th...and also the German version is announced too.

http://www.distraction.com/release.asp?nav_id=839&lang_id=E

It does not say "when" it will air...and I tried checking the NTV website and I cannot read it cos I do not understand Russian...so you will have to read the schedule and tell ME when it is on.

FYI....in checking the other press releases I see that Ciao Darwin has now also been bought by the TVA network in Canada (French-Canadian channel)...so it will soon be in Canada...and they also mention it will also air soon in Turkey and Venezuela also.  Also it has been sold to Lebanon on the FUTURE TV channel...

http://www.c21media.net/resources/detail.asp?area=74&article=21315

so there will be a Lesbian, I mean Lebanese, version soon....and thats good...cos the FUTURE channel is already broadcast on satellite in the USA...so I can tape that version.

regards

MK

In reply to Message (16551) Bouncing Csao Darwin in Russia? Any information?

By Victor - victor.ivanovich@mail.ru ru Sun 12/06/05 19:57:34 GMT

I have heard that the NTV (H&#1058;&#1042;) channel will broadcast a Russian version of Csao Darwin this summer. Does anyone know when? I don't watch TV regularly and I am afraid to miss it. (I have visited the site of the NTV Channel but found no information there).

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.069 seconds to generate ]