WetlookPro

Message # 16449.3

Subject: Hello Re: Forum Speed up and loading

Date: Tue 07/06/05 14:20:07 GMT

Name: Darret sx

Email: dramwater@cd2.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I say too that since you made the change to the C version, the forum has performed brilliantly for me.

I hear you when you talk about how people are opening multiple messages in new tabs.

That incenses me.

I use Firefox but all I use tabs for is opening individual links within a message.

Generally in the past, and most definitely now that everything is working fast here, I see NO point whatsoever in opening up 10 messages in new tabs at the same time.... we only have 1 pair of eyes and 1 brain, so there is no advantage in 'loading them up' in preparation for viewing.

For those peeps who are doing that just now, I strongly suggest that you try to view the messages WITHOUT opening them in new tabs.

From what Nigel has said, that will ease server/cpu load a lot, and therefore make the forum a lot more enjoyable and stable for everybody.

Regards

Darret.

In reply to Message (16449) Note Forum Speed up and loading html

By Nigel - nigel@wetlook.com ex Tue 07/06/05 01:20:41 GMT

Just to let people know what is going on, after installing the 'faster' C version of the message viewer I started a 24 hour log of the main parts of the forum.  The results are quite interesting, I monitored 3 separate 'pages':

1 - the Main Index Page (also the Archive index as the same page is used)

2 - the new Show Message page

3 - use of the Next/Previous message buttons on the Show Message page.

The results are (approx figures):

1 Current + Archive Index Page - 15000/day - 610/hr - about 1 every 10 secs

2 Show Message - 82000/day - 3400/hr - about 1 per sec

3 Next/Prev links - 1200/day - 50/hr - about 1 per min

So we can see that for each hit to the index page, there are 10 hits to Show Messages.  THe Show Message is being hit at an incredible rate of 1 per second, and remember this is averaged over the day, so at times it is MUCH higher...

The other thing of note is that very few people are using the Next/Previous buttons, to me this confirms what someone suggested a few days ago, that people using tabbed browsers (e.g. FireFox) are running down the message list, suddenly requesting 10 messages to be opened in tabs.  Obviously if/when too people do this at the same time, the server slows right down.

Even with the new code, I got CPU high usage warnings at around 4-4.30PM GMT and 6.30 GMT yesterday.  Outside these times I personally also noticed some timeouts on the add message page.

Please work out what these GMT times are in your time zone, and try to avoid accessing the forum during that time.

Also, please be considerate, especially if you are using a tabbed browser, then don't run down the list quickly opening all the unread messages  Just open a couple at a time. Try not to get frustrated if the messages open slowly - trying to open more will only make it worse !

Unfortunately the forum has become a victim of it's own success !

I must now get back to editing the new Minx Movies video, M17 - Wet All Over, it's coming on nicely, with some great scenes, hopefully ready for release by the end of June.

Nigel

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.019 seconds to generate ]