WetlookPro

Message # 16397.2.1.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Outdoors?

Date: Mon 06/06/05 15:44:31 GMT

Name: swav us

Email: swav@hotmail.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

You are right. I do outdoor pools and didnt think of indoor use. Most of it is the same though. Start with the styrofoam to not heat the concrete. I figured placimg a towel over the heater to prevent direct contact pressure. The controller should be protected. It generates some heat, so you dont want to wrap it in plastic directly. Put it in a small box and seal the box in a plastic bag.
In reply to Message (16397.2.1.1.1) Hello Outdoors?

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Sun 05/06/05 20:59:30 GMT

Hmmm... I had pictured an indoor setup - like in a basement or something.

Not sure a water bed heater would be such a great idea outdoors. The heating element, thermostatic sensor, and supply cord leading out of the heating element should all be OK for an accidental soaking, but the controller is another matter. I'm guessing that it would normally be placed where it could never get wet from a leak, so would be unsafe outdoors.

In reply to Message (16397.2.1.1) Hello Re: Re: Re: Question on inflatable pools

By swav - swav@hotmail.com us Sat 04/06/05 22:42:38 GMT

Here are a few pointers for the installation. You should make sure that the ground below is level with no rodent holes. Standard pool procedure is to use a layer of sand for leveling. 2 inches is more than enough. You also dont want to heat the ground, so I would start with a thin leveling layer of sand to even the dips in the ground. Since this will be in place for a while, the grass will be destroyed anyway, so you might as well go over it with a lawn mower set at the lowest setting. After the leveling sand is placed, I would put down a layer of styrofoam sheets. 3/4 inch thickness would be sufficient. But whatever you might scavenge at a building site is sufficient. This acts as an insulation to keep the heat from going down into the ground, also helps firm up the base of the pool to prevent punctures. The heater can be placed directly on this or you may want to place a sheet of heavy duty plastic on the styrofoam. Note, the styrofoam needs to be the extruded,firm type, Typically pink or blue depending on the manufacturer. Do not use the bead type of white board, not as strong or rigid. The water heaters that I remember are about a foot wide and 3 or 4 feet long with the power cord coming from the end. Place this so that the end with the cord is near the edge of the base of the pool but at least 1 or 2 inches within the edge. You do not want it too far into the bottom so that the bump of the cord isnt stepped on. The heater does not have to be in the center of the pool to be effective. VERY IMPORTANT. DO NOT turn on the heater without water in the pool. Serious meltdown or worse can occur... There was a question about it being too hot and melting the plastic. The heater can only be as hot as the water that it is heating. You may wish to put a layer of plastic sheeting over the heater, again for added protection, remember, on the water bed you had the thickness of the whole mattress for protection. As an added feature, you may want to cut a scrap of old carpeting to fit the bottom of the pool, then walking in high heels will not be a threat to the bottom. Pick a nice light color and your subjects will photograph better. While on that subject, use a polarising filter if your camera will accept it, cuts down or eliminates the reflections on the surface of the water.

I have followed a similar procedur on my above ground pool in preparation for a solar heater installation.

In reply to Message (16397.2.1) Talking Re: Re: Question on inflatable pools

By MG - ca Sat 04/06/05 21:57:35 GMT

As Anthony points out it should work without a problem.But I don't want to be the first guinea pig either.But what a great idea if it does work safely. Hopefully someone who is qualified to give an answer will respond.Then one of you guys can try it out first!.LOL
In reply to Message (16397.2) Hello Re: Question on inflatable pools

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Sat 04/06/05 20:49:05 GMT

As Frankie points out, electricity and water can be a dangerous combination. But then, we use electric kettles all the time with nary a problem, and hot tubs use electric heaters without frying their occupants.

If you look at the way a waterbed heater is used in a water bed, and replicate the installation with an inflatable  pool instead, you'd think it should be OK - theoretically speaking. I've thought about the same idea myself, but haven't gone so far as to try it. Given the risk of a waterbed springing a leak, the heater ought to be designed to remain safe if it gets wet. My brother had a water bed, and as I recall, the heater was placed under the safety liner (two layers of plastic between the water and the heater). Theoretically, the heater should never get wet, but good design practice should assume it to be a "wet" application for an extra margin of safety (again, *theoretically*). I believe waterbed mattresses and inflatable pools are made from similar materials (vinyl), but I have also wondered about whether a waterbed heater might run too hot to safely use with an inflatable pool.

Personally, I would not want to be the guinea pig on an idea like this, but I'd be interested if anyone has some constructive, practical, safe suggestions on heating the water in an inflatable pool that doesn't involve buckets of hot water.

In reply to Message (16397) Question Question on inflatable pools

By Gravisten - gravisten@hotmail.com us Sat 04/06/05 12:30:47 GMT

Hello-

I was just wondering...I dont have much experience with waterbed heaters, so could you put one underneath an inflatable pool without worry of it melting?  

Thanks,

G10

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.036 seconds to generate ]