minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 19/04/24 05:32:39 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

WetlookPro

Message # 1554.4.1

Subject: Hello Re: I agree 100%, MK......

Date: Mon 30/12/02 06:36:25 GMT

Name: wetinred us

Email: stekz@cableone.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

makes a lot of sense  then have something like what's going on now except with more control for the fans Peace Man
In reply to Message (1554.4) Hello Re: A Word About the WAM Award...

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Mon 30/12/02 05:26:23 GMT

I have to agree....things are getting a little silly...after all, this was only intended as a bit of fun.

It reminds me of going to Mardi Gras....where it boggles my mind why people seem to go nuts....fighting to get these silly bead necklaces that are worth nothing...ha ha.

The real winners are not the people who have been nominated or win the awards...it's the fans who like to see lots of pics, cos the nominees are tripping over themselves and going apeshit to woo all their fans...so as a scheme to get the producers to pay more attention to serving their fans....it has certainly been been a huge success on that level.

Of course, the only way to run an awards program with some integrity would be to fashion things after the Oscars (not like the Viewers Choice Awards)...i.e. several things would need to change before those awards could have any meaning or integrity....i.e.

1) voting tallies should be sealed and not published. All the corruptions taking place are due to human nature and folks seeing what he scores are...and then trying to manipulate the scores....this voting info should never be revealed to the public. If the results are not shown, then folks will not act in such a corrupt and dishonest manner to rig the system or offer bribes to their fan bases.

2)The only movie awards that have true meaning, are the Oscars. The Oscars are the only trophies that are valued by Hollywood folks...because those are votes cast by people who are their peers...not the general public. Viewers Choice or fan based awards are just for fun...a nice dinner and a night on the town...but the awards have no value or meaning.

The way to stop all this IP address abuse would be to a) not publish the ongoing results, and b) not use IP addresses as a controlling mechanism....use website domain names as the voter registration records....i.e. only allow people to vote who have their own website domain name (cos they are peers who produce things themselves) and it must be proper *.com domain name (not freespace web address). That way, the awards any person would get would really mean something...cos the votes would come (only once) from somebody else who has a proper web domain address and is a peer in their field.

but then....if this is just for fun....just carry on as you are doing...I am sure somebody can write a cgi script that can post one vote every 10 seconds if they hack the site.

but what I said makes sense....if you want integrity, then results should not be revealed, they should be kept sealed...and the only people voting should be registered voters who register their website domain name as the voter registration record (not using IP addresses as a voter registration ID).

MK

In reply to Message (1554) Unfazed A Word About the WAM Award...

By Jim - jim121272@aol.com us Mon 30/12/02 00:52:05 GMT

Though the WAM award is a good idea, I think some of us are taking it a bit too seriously. Like most other awards, it means little in the grand scheme of things. In the end, it does nothing more than massage the recipient's ego.

The point is being somehow missed here. Voters should take into consideration factors such as how long has the recipient been CONSISTENTLY making contributions to the community, rather than how many photos can be crammed onto the site during the last week of voting. We shouldn't be BUYING votes with the promise of free pictures; the idea is exactly the opposite -- the community should cast their votes for those who have contributed THROUGHOUT THE YEAR, whether it's pictures, videos, stories, or whatever else. Behavior like this is immature and merely cheapens the award. It also begs the question: if the candidates will only give out material in exchange for votes...and they LOSE the award...will material be WITHHELD in a similar manner, as a punishment to those who didn't cast votes in their direction?

Now that I've voiced my opinion (and likely opened a can of worms!), Happy New Year! Drink Me

Jim

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.028 seconds to generate ]