Wetlook-Online

Message # 15351.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Free Alice DVD

Date: Sat 02/04/05 14:43:22 GMT

Name: David Faltskog gb

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Seriously the UK for a while now has gone PC nuts and yep programs like "Love thy Neighbour" and "Mind your language" have been consinged to the vault's along with all those wonderful Spike Milligan "Q" shows i'd give my granny for medical research to see again, if there is the slightest tinyest possibility that some one might get offended then yer outta luck ever seeing these shows and many more again unless they are released on DVD, believe me Mark i know what i,m talking about.

"All Creatures great and small" is regulary repeated on UK Gold, i remember the scene you talk about and will try to get it next time it crops up, i also recall a scene in a show called  "The Agatha Christie Hour" which the BBC showed in the early 80's that had a brilliant flooded basement scene, the heroine wearing a blouse and skirt and slowly get wet, again it's a show that the BBC seem to be reluctaint to repeat or release on DVD, bloody BBC!. Angry

In reply to Message (15351.1.1.1.1.1.1) Hello Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Alice DVD

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Sat 02/04/05 14:17:11 GMT

Well....thats good that they have released 16 of those "Goodies" shows on those 2 DVDs...but sadly I do not think any of those are the ones we want. Only the "Bunfight at the Ok Tea Rooms" episode has some slapstick in it (where the French maid gets squirted with red gunge). There were 68 episodes in all...so that still leaves 52 unreleased episodes. I do not understand why political correctness would cause any of those shows not to be re-aired...cos I do not recall anything offensive in that series.

The funniest uk series that we will probably never see air again was "Love Thy Neighbor" (55 episodes from 1972-75) which starred the west indian actor most recently seen on Rowan Atkinson's "The Thin Blue Line" series. Love Thy Neighbor will not be shown for the same reasons Alf Garnett's "Till Death Us Do Part" will not be aired....due to the racially based humour. Though the irony is...the American version of Till Death Us Do Part, called "All in Family" is aired on numerous channels every day in the USA.  Likewise another very funny uk series in the 1970's was Barry Evans series "Mind Your Language"....which America turned into "Welcome Back Kotter".

The biggest disaster that just debuted on American television last week was....NBC's version of the hit uk series, "The Office". The American version of this show is just awful (awfully unfunny)....because the producers just don't "get it"...i.e. the key element of the uk show was it's offbeat "timing"...i.e. the "pregnant pause". NBC has taken an "off beat" show and tried to make it "on beat"...

America's version of "The Office"...is about as disasterous as their attempt to do an American version of Fawlty Towers...and casting actress Bea Arthur in the role John Cleese immortalized.

BTW....another never before released BBC series from 1977 to watch for in video stores some day is...the 1977 BBC miniseries "The Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby"...starring a young Nigel Havers in his first tv role. This is a 6 part period drama that has an amazing wet scene during a beach bathing scene...with several ladies in period dress wading into the sea. The BBC have never released that series on video, and it was only aired once in the USA in 1982 on PBS...still looking for that series to come out on DVD.

If you are into "needle in a haystack" searching.....there is an awesome wet scene in "one" of the episodes of the UK cult series ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL...and in one episode the leading lady is in a 40's style blue dress and tries to get into a boat on tha lake and mis-steps and falls in...and you get some great shots of climbing out of the river in her clinging summer dress and stockings. THE GOOD NEWS IS.....all of this series has been released on 4 boxed sets of DVDs....i.e. season 1, seaons 2 etc. THE BAD NEWS IS...I cannot remember which episode it was......but I am certain it must be from season 1...cos the girl who fell in the lake was only in the first 42 shows, and then she was replaced by a different actress who played her part after that....so that wet scene is somewhere on the first season Boxed set of shows for All Creatures Great and Small.

mk

In reply to Message (15351.1.1.1.1.1) Hello Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Alice DVD

By David Faltskog - gb Sat 02/04/05 10:50:27 GMT

Hi Mark, there is a soundtrack lp from AAIW that has a good "Pool of Tears" photo on it's gatefold, saw it once in a 2nd hand record shop in london but did,nt buy it...Damm!, finger's crossed this movie will get a proper release sometime soon with lot's of extra's.

Btw there are two dvd box-sets of the goodies that have been released here in the uk, more info here...

http://www2.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/simpleSearch.do?pGroupID=5&simpleSearchString=the+goodies&primaryID=5&btnSearchGo.x=16&btnSearchGo.y=13

As for The Goodies being repeated on any channel here in the uk, like with most of the programes you mention it's a case of hoping that someone releases them on DVD, because the BBC or UK Gold seem intend on keeping them off the screen, it's too bloody PC over here and any Programme's from the past that might cause the slightest offence to anyone is kept under lock and key. Angry

In reply to Message (15351.1.1.1.1) Hello Re: Re: Re: Re: Free Alice DVD

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Sat 02/04/05 09:48:10 GMT

OK...good.

FYI...I know there is more media from that film that has yet to surface....so somebody has it. For info I went to see that film in 1972 when it first opened, and I went to the Odeon cinema at the Marble Arch end of Oxford St in London to see it...and in the lobby area they had some very nice lobby cards from the pool of tears scene...and I have tried for years to find those photos....but they are not anywhere on any of the Alice websites. I was hoping they would put those on the new DVD version. Hey...Fiona Fullerton is the same age I am, and I was just a 16 year old admiring a girl my own age (but at that time....the 2 girls I had the biggest crush on were Jenny Agutter and Angela Cartwright from Lost in Space).

BTW...if you get the UK Gold satellite channel....or any other channels that show old uk tv shows....make a note to look out for the 1969 childrens tv series in the UK called HERE COME THE DOUBLE DECKERS. In episode 8 of that series you will see Jane Seymour's first ever appearance on tv, as an 18 year old, playing Alice in an Alice in Wonderland episode of this show. I have only seen a few brief clips from of it from a biography show on Jane Seymour...the series IS still preserved on tape (it is not lost or deleted etc)...but so far they have never re-aired it in the UK or USA since 1971...though a dubbed version of the series was aired in France a few years ago.

Likewise...keep on the lookout for when the BBC will "finally" release the classic "The Goodies" series. Only 3 of he 60+ epsiodes have been released on video...and there are many wetlook and slapstick scenes in at least 10 different shows that I remember seeing.

mk

In reply to Message (15351.1.1.1) Hello Re: Re: Re: Free Alice DVD

By David Faltskog - gb Sat 02/04/05 03:21:52 GMT

Just picked this up, not bad it's in it's correct aspect ratio 2.35:1 and the picture is good not too grainy, sadly no special features just the usual scene selection, anyway it's from this company who oddly are still releasing it full price soon. Confused

http://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/films/alice`s.asp

In reply to Message (15351.1.1) Hello Re: Re: Free Alice DVD

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Fri 01/04/05 21:03:16 GMT

Funny you should mention that....cos last week I was reading an article about the "supposed" re-mastering of that film on DVD, and the Alice in Wonderland societies and websites were all complaining about how badly they have made this dvd.

Several Alice in Wonderland clubs and websites were eagerly awaiting this release on DVD, cos they had promised a total re-mastering of the film, and with "extras" for the DVD release....but when the DVD came out recently, not only was the DVD devoid of any special features such as deleted scenes, behind the scenes footage, additional stills etc...the print they used to create the DVD was very low quality and "grainy". The ultimate rating was that this was a very poor quality DVD and not the re-mastering that was promised.

You can see all this discussed on several Alice in Wonderland websites.

http://www.alice-in-wonderland.fsnet.co.uk/film_01.htm

This site has the best data on all known Alice in Wonderland films

http://www.alice-in-wonderland.fsnet.co.uk/menu.htm

I wonder if the poor film print quality of this DVD had anything to do with how the Daily Express ended up with tens of thousands of DVDs like this. My guess is....that the major videostore chains probably saw this DVD and rejected it due to the low quality of the film transfer process as discussed on the Alice in Wonderland site....so...somebody got stuck with 50,000 or 100,000 sub standard DVDs....so the Daily Express probably snapped them up as a job lot for a free giveaway, cos they are not good enough quality to be sold in the stores.

Lets see....the general view of the Alice in Wonderland sites is...this was a lousy job they did at making this DVD.

MK

In reply to Message (15351.1) Hello Re: Free Alice DVD

By David Faltskog - gb Fri 01/04/05 11:49:42 GMT

See above or below. Wink Smile
In reply to Message (15351) Great Free

By David Faltskog - gb Fri 01/04/05 11:46:48 GMT

Just thought i'd pass on this info, tomorrow's (sat) UK Daily Express newspaper is giving away a free DVD of the 1972 movie "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" which has a good "Pool of tears" scene with Fiona Fullerton swimming about in her blue dress. Wink Smile

Not bad for the price of a newspaper. Wink Smile

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.019 seconds to generate ]