minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Tue 16/04/24 16:12:52 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook-Online
Wetlook-Online

Message # 1444.1.2.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Re: Re: very interesting, some useful research for Leonmoomin

Date: Sun 22/12/02 01:42:35 GMT

Name: AnthonyX ca

Email: anthonyx@jowc.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
If you are trying to understand floor loads and so forth...

Sopping, no idea where your numbers came from but to set things straight:

1 cubic foot of water weighs 62.5 lbs

1 Imperial gallon of water weighs 10 lbs

1 US gallon of water weighs 8 lbs

or...

1 cubic foot of water contains 6.25 imperial gallons or approx 7.8 US gallons.

Metric is actually simpler...

1 litre of water weighs 1 kg

1 cubic meter of water contains 1000 litres, so weighs 1000 kg or 1 metric ton.

I don't recall specifically (anyone with an architectural engineering background may feel free to correct me), but...

Domestic construction is designed to accomodate floor loads of about 40lbs/square foot (total load uniformly distributed over the total floor area). If you were to set up a pool on a floor which is not directly resting on grade, and the pool occupied a significant portion of the room's area, you'd be exceeding the floor's capacity by the time the water was a foot deep. If you are using a commercial venue, floor capacities are probably higher, but as leon's remarks suggest, you have to do your homework to be sure. This is also the reason why it's not a trivial matter to simply buy a hot tub and set it up on an existing deck; your average deck can't support the weight of a filled hot tub... it has to be specifically designed for the load.

In reply to Message (1444.1.2.1) Hello Re: Re: very interesting, some useful research for Leonmoomin

By leonmoomin - leonmoomin@madasafish.com gb Sun 22/12/02 00:04:13 GMT

OK I have done lots of reasearch on this.

To have my 15 foot pool filled to the following levels, the following floor limits must apply.

For it to be filled to a depth of 1 foot, the floor must be able to support a weight of 5tons, equivelent to a dance floor that can hold 55 people.

For it to be filled to a depth of 2 feet, the floor must be able to support a weight of 10tons, equivelent to a dance floor that can hold 110 people.

For it to be filled to a depth of 3 feet, the floor must be able to support a weight of 15tons, equivelent to a dance floor that can hold 115 people.

I have allowed extra for the weight of the people in the pool.

Just one of many, many issues to be covered when deciding to organise this sort of thing!  Trust me, it is in no way as easy as it looks!

leonmoomin Confused

In reply to Message (1444.1.2) Hello Re: very interesting, some useful research for Leonmoomin

By Sopping - us Sat 21/12/02 23:20:12 GMT

MK raises an interesting point. If these are not on ground level, the weight of the water, namely every 7.5 gallons weighs 62.5 lbs ( sorry metric folks, my highschool phyisics was in the old system!)and before long you are asking the floors and walls to carry a substantial load.

Just wondering.

S:

In reply to Message (1444.1) Hello very interesting, some useful research for Leonmoomin

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Sat 21/12/02 13:15:39 GMT

Thanks for posting the info on this.

These pics provide some interesting insights on portable pool equipments. At the beginning of the galleries, the pool looks great...just the kind that leonmoomin should have for his portable pool party plans. However, halfway thru the galleries, the pool appears to have collapsed...so I am wondering if this was dismantled intentionally, or just collapsed due to too much abuse from the partygoers. Thats the problem with these portable pools...too much abuse and they don't last for long....so I like to see all the pool parties held in the UK and Germany...to ascertain which kind of portable pool each venue uses...and which is the most durable if we were to start organizng these events too.

MK

In reply to Message (1444) Question Poolparty

By siren - uu Sat 21/12/02 11:57:00 GMT

Is this one new to some of you?

Greetz

Siren

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.025 seconds to generate ]