minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Tue 16/04/24 09:44:57 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook.Biz
Wetlook-Online

Message # 14083.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Re: Re: Just to let y'all know....(and slightly off-topic)

Date: Wed 12/01/05 07:13:05 GMT

Name: RoscoeBC us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I think WD is right on, he said it as well as I could have.  I make my living from the 7 web stores I've got out there, so this issue is key to me eating regularly in the future :).  A couple years ago, you could blow off everyone not using IE.  Since IE is so popular, it's THE target for hackers looking for a way in.  It's strength, it's popularity, by definition is also it's weakness.  People are moving to other browsers, Firefox being most popular right now I believe, and I wouldn't be surprised if Linux gains market share, and those people won't be using IE.  Personally I hope people continue to diversify, as that is what drives product improvement and improves security.  The bottom line is, if you want to be viewable for the next few years anyway, you've got to create the site to the least common denominator as far as standards are concerned, and test the site in multiple browsers.  It's an ongoing chore when you have about 6,000 pages published like I have.  If you use Front Page, you can configure it for a set of standards to restrict it's code to, which helps.  
In reply to Message (14083.1.1) Happy Re: Re: Just to let y'all know....(and slightly off-topic)

By WETINRED - stekz@cableone.net us Wed 12/01/05 04:11:18 GMT

No! the original design was done in FP, but all the tables were redone with DW as well as the verifications and the scripts. I was not trying to make the site only for IE. And while I respect ur opinion on the matter, I think ppl are paranoid about using IE, and when ur paranoid about something, ususal;ly something bad will happen! Wink Smile And I was not dictating anything to anybody. Thanx for responding Peace Man Anybody else?
In reply to Message (14083.1) Thumbs Down Re: Just to let y'all know....(and slightly off-topic)

By WD - uu Wed 12/01/05 03:14:20 GMT

If a site is built correctly AND to standards, it will run in all modern browsers. People who build sites that only run in IE will soon begin to fall foul and will lose customers and visitors. If a site and CSS are written to the right standards, the pages will work properly in IE, Netscape, Firefox, Opera, Safari and so on.

Designing sites that ONLY run in IE may have been a good plan a year or two ago as IE's share grew so high, but there are better browsers around and there are also other platforms to consider too. Unless a site MUST have some activex features, there is no excuse for building an IE-only web site. Even if properly patched, IE is still vulnerable. It's a risk you take if you run it. Those of us prefering to stay safer will opt to run any browser we choose and will not be dictated to by people on the M$ bandwagon.

You're obviously new to web site design and building. Experienced people have been testing their sites in all major browsers for years. This is not a new problem that's been introduced by new browsers like Firefox being introduced. Looking at your code, it's mostly written using Frontpage and that is notorious for only running in M$ browsers. And that's my 2 cents worth of comment on this.

In reply to Message (14083) Read This Just to let y'all know....(and slightly off-topic)

By WETINRED - stekz@cableone.net us Tue 11/01/05 23:03:11 GMT

...I've changed the Liquid Ladies site back to frames, as that's the way it was gonna be done to begin with, till I got talked out of it,LOL. As it seems Firefox and opera had a rough time reading css scripts. Geez, why can't ppl just use IE. What are y'all afraid of? As long as u keep it patched and configured properly, there's no reason in the world not to use it. I understand about ppl not wanting to deal with Microsoft (I don't either)but the product works for any web page. I have had no problems with it over the last couple of years. No hackers, no spyware, no viruses. Pretty soon the more populare Mozilla gets with its firefox browser, hackers are gonna be exploiting it just like IE. Nothings infallible anymore. When the browsers find and patch the holes, the hackers just find another way to get in. There is no utopia among browsers/operating systems these days. But as long as u use a firewall/ad detector spy ware detector and an anti-virus programs, u shouldn't need to worry about it. All these new browsers are doing is making it harder for the ppl making the websites and trying to verify that all the pages are gonna work in all browsers. Some sites may work better in some browsers , but they all work in IE. The LL site should be compatible now except for netscape.(no one uses netscape do they?)

That's my rant for 2005 and I'm going to bed now. Wink Smile  I really would like some responses to this, and also let me know what u think of the site.French and German pages are not in frames yet, so bear with me on that. U can still view the pages in those 2 languages as there is a "no frames" site navigator in it. Peace Man

wir

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.014 seconds to generate ]