minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Thu 28/03/24 19:53:09 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook.Biz
Wetlook-Online

Message # 13756.4

Subject: Hello Possible problem with wellies & has anyone here entered one of these swims?

Date: Wed 22/12/04 09:35:49 GMT

Name: John gb

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
If you look at the Lowestoft gallery, you will see that the breakers are high enough to come over the top of wellies.  Wellies full of water are more useless than no wellies at all!

If you want to stay dry and get beyond the breakers, full length waders might just be high enough.

If you do not mind wet clothes & shoes, or a as is probably the case with a large portion of the Wetlook community, you positively enjoy it, the answer would probably be to dress for warmth, rather than waterproofness.  Heavy clothing in water may not keep you warm, but it is better than light clothing or none at all as it slows down the cooling rate by limiting the speed at which the water passes over the skin.  I know this works as I have waded and swum in winter temperature water fully clothed; although it does take a few seconds or minutes to get over the temperature shock.

Changing the subject, has anyone here actually taken part in a charity fancy dress swim?  Also has anyone heard of an event like this happening on the Devon/Dorset/Hampshire section of the coast?  I am thinking that at some stage in the future about discussing the idea of entering with my other half; although she may need some persuading on account of the water temperature.

In reply to Message (13756) Hello UK wetlook - Xmas, Boxing Day & New Year Swims

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Mon 20/12/04 21:19:09 GMT

For candid wetlook fans in the UK.

Just a reminder, you can witness lots of fully clothed and fancy dress swim events during the next 2 weeks. There are various charity swim fancy dress events taking place on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and News Years Day in various spots all over the UK and a large event near Dublin, Ireland. There are 3 different events taking place in Wales, plus events in Brighton, and Scotland (under the Forth Bridge) and 3 events on the East Anglia coast, plus Dublin, and the largest event (over 700 swimmers each year) near Sunderland. For full details of the days and times and cities/beaches...email Brian or Leon for tips and info...cos they have attended most of them in prior years. Unfortunately Wet Brian is away travelling this year so will not be able to cover these events for you...so we could use some volunteer cameramen to go down and shoot some video.....here are some scenes Brian took from prior year events so you will get an idea of what they are like..

http://www.apex-wetlook.com/page9.html

http://www.apex-wetlook.com/page10.html

http://www.apex-wetlook.com/page175.html

Anybody who can go and grab their camcorder and send in some footage from this years events will be rewarded with several free DVDs they can choose from my site...AND..a free membership to wamtec gold and a membership to the wetlook unleashed candid site too (rewards are for camcorder footage only....not stills).

Also...there are some very nice fully clothed swim events taking place over Xmas in Sweden as well (I forget the name of the city..I will have to check my files....but all Swedish fans should know this event...it is on tv every year).

Sadly...there is nothing like this happening in North America....cos all the "Polar Bear Swims" taking place in the USA and Canada are worthless...cos they have a stupid rule...i.e. for machismo purposes....swimsuits only...no covering yourself up with clothing allowed.

The North American fancy dress swim events don't occur until late Jan, Feb and March...cos there are Special Olympics websites in 15 states that have  fancy dress dunkings later in the Spring.

Have fun...and if you attend one of these events in the UK...bring a good pair of wellies with you...cos you will need to wade in the water to get the best shots...and that water is bloody freezing at this time of year.

MK

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.011 seconds to generate ]