minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Thu 28/03/24 13:54:28 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook-Online
Wetlook-Online

Message # 1369.1

Subject: Help Me Also if anyone knows....

Date: Mon 16/12/02 08:40:07 GMT

Name: Wet Brian gb

Email: bdann0875@rootesgroup.fslife.co.uk

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

.... of any wetlook events or fountains etc worth attending throughout the year in the UK,please mail me and I will try to attend!

Drink Me Thanks in advance!!

Brian Peace Man

In reply to Message (1369) Hello Lots of fancy dress swims in the UK & Ireland this month

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Mon 16/12/02 07:07:18 GMT

As many of you may know, there are numerous "Polar Bear Clubs" around the world that have swims on New Years and Xmas Day in many countries of the world...i.e. all over the USA, Canada, Scandinavia, Germany et al. From my research of all these many swims, the vast majority are not worth seeing, because it is people wearing swimsuits or wetsuits. The ONLY fancy dress swims in full clothing that I know of (and please correct me if I am wrong) all take place in the UK (with a few isolated events in Sweden, Ireland and Australia).

I know that Buddyster, Brian and others are starting to compile a wetlook travelguide...so we can know which events are worth travelling too.

Anyway...here is the lowdown as far as the best events go(i.e. the most fully dressed people taking part).

The number one fancy dress swim event in the UK (and in the world) remains the annual Seaburn Swim near Sunderland, with over 800 people taking part last year. Number 2 is the Llannelli (sp?) Dip in Wales (300 people) followed by the annual swim at Tenby (about 150 people) and the Loony Dook in Scotland (near the Forth Bridge...also 100 to 200 people), and smaller events (50+ people) at Brighton, Lowestoft, and some other places Brian D. mentioned to me.

The tricky bit is...too many events, and not enough people interested enough (or can get out of bed in time) to tape them. The other thing is, to know when each event is...cos some of them take place on Xmas Day, some are on boxing day and some are held on new years day. Thankfully, this allows folks like Brian and Leonmoomin to cover 2 different events each on different days.

So far, the plan this year, is that Leonmoomin will be attending and covering the 2 swims in Wales on Boxing Day and New Years Day (Tenby and Llannelli) and Brian will cover an event in Xmas Day and get up to Seaburn to cover the massive Seaburn Swim on New Years day.

This should provide some very interesting pics and videos for your all to see in January. However, we still have a few events thusfar not being covered. I am not able to get over there to do it myself, but I am more than willing to sponsor people who wish to go, by paying for their domestic travel costs plus a a few hundred quid to help persuade them to get out of bed and get their chilly arse over there...if they are within driving distance.

These are the following events/areas where we need some volunteers to help with taking camcorder video (not still photos).

1) The Loony Dook....this is the annual swim held on New Years Day in Scotland...under the Forth Bridge...about 200 people in fancy dress take part.

See the link from a past event

http://www.joint-ideas.com/loony_dook.html

2) Brighton Swim...more research is needed....but I have heard there is going to be some fancy dress swim events this Holiday season. If you live in South England...look out for infos on this.

3) Bray, Ireland. If you live in the Dublin area, there is a massive fancy dress swim with 300+ people held in Bray too.

4) Sweden: I forget the name of the city, but there is definitely a New Year Swim in fancy dress in Sweden...I have seen many still photos and news articles on it before. A wetlook fan had taped this event for me 2 years ago...but he disappeared and never sent in the footage...but I know there is a small town in Sweden that has an excellent fancy dress swim at New Year...so if you live in Sweden...check it out...you must know more about it than I do.

5) Sydney, Australia: There is the annual "formal dress surfing event" held on New Year's Day at Bondi Beach in Sydney. I have clips from CNN News from past events...and all the guys surf while wearing tuxedos and the girls all wearing evening dresses while surfing. I had given this tip to a wetlook fan from Sydney last year...who completely let me down...cos after he received my tip...he went and attended the event, and then proceeded to send me an email about how great the event was...and what a great time he had...and concluded by saying that he did not take his camera with him (needless to say...I was not amused). But anyway...if you live in the Sydney suburbs...look out for this event..I am pretty sure it is on New Years Day at Bondi Beach...but it might be Manley Beach...so check my facts please.

As you know, folks like Leonmoomin and Brian (Apex) make lots of efforts to bring you all the great stuff they can find. For those of you who have never made a contribution before...if you live near any of these areas...this is your chance to get off your duff, grab the old camcorder and shoot something that everybody will enjoy seeing.

Have Fun

MK

(ps...if you are down in Rio, Brazil...go to Copacabana Beach on New Years morning...where they have the annual "Iemanja" festival...brides of the sea...where the girls dress in white bridal dresses and wade into the sea to make offerings to the sea goddess....I went to Rio in 1981 to see this event...it is an amazing site with thousands of people on the beach....but you gotta stay up overnight...cos it goes on all night long and into sunrise).

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.016 seconds to generate ]