WetlookPro

Message # 13459.1.1

Subject: Wink Smile Re: Re: The new Gilligans Island

Date: Wed 01/12/04 16:13:20 GMT

Name: wetgalfan us

Email: wetgalfan@yahoo.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
In the '70's they did a "Rescue from Gilligan's Island" reunion movie.  The end had them shipwrecked again on the same island.  Tina Louise wanted no part of it and was recast, but there was a good shot of both Ginger and Mary Ann emerging from the lagoon.  Ginger was wearing her trademark dress.
In reply to Message (13459.1) Hello Re: The new Gilligans Island

By Waterspaniel - us Wed 01/12/04 05:04:40 GMT

The original Ginger did get wet in her evening gown, but if you blinked you missed it. It's the episode where they try to draw attention to their plight by making a silent movie of their shipwreck. It's jerky, black and white silent movie style, but you see the Skipper picking her up out of the water in her gown and carrying her to shore, then she does a little dance for a couple of seconds. Not great, but she did in fact get wet in her gown, it's just hard to see (definitely doesn't pass MK's "forward search" test). As further proof, a June 1966 cover of TV Guide had her, Gilligan, and the Skipper in the lagoon. You can only see her from the neck up, but it's clear she's wearing the gown. And a few years ago, another issue of TV guide had a small pic of the same 3 swimming in the lagoon, and she was wearing that same gown. Both pics were likely taken during the filming of that episode. You have to wonder how many other pics like that there are, because you sure don't see much of anything in the actual episode.
In reply to Message (13459) Hello The new Gilligans Island

By RM - uu Tue 30/11/04 19:38:43 GMT

I saw the first two hours of The Real Gilligans Island on Fox tonight.   I knew that it was supposed to be modeled on Survivor so I was especially interested in the wetlook potential.  My main focus was on Ginger because she spent the whole time in the original series in an evening gown but I don't ever remember her getting wet in one.

Interestingly there were two teams of castaways competing with each other so there was two of everyone.  Both Gingers started the show in evening gowns, heels and jewelry and were fairly faithful about staying in them for most of the show except the high heels were never seen again after boarding for their three hour tour.  

The best part of the show was that there were two competitions and each required the teams to wade or swim into the surf. The Gingers both had their gowns on but no jewelry,  along with some kind of rubber flat shoes no doubt to protect against sharp rocks.

Unfortunately the wetlook factor wasn't very good.   Everyone certainly got soaked but there weren't any outright dunkings so hair stayed relatively dry but the camera work was fast and distant with little opportunity to admire a wet outfit.  The glittery gowns of the Gingers were reasonably sexy but not as good as the original Ginger.  The worst part  was that the nature of the material meant it was awfully hard to tell if they were wet or dry even when it was obvious they had just emerged from the ocean.   Later one of the Gingers decided that her gown was too hot to live in and cut it in to a minidress.

A preview of upcoming episodes suggests there will be more contests in the water.   I will keep Tivo-ing these hoping for good wetlook but I'm not hopeful and will be quick with the fast-forward button.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.027 seconds to generate ]