Wetlook-Online

Message # 13424.1.1.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Off topic: mainstream movies/tv and originality

Date: Mon 29/11/04 21:41:25 GMT

Name: MK us

Email: wamtec@compuserve.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I must admit...I don't "get it" why Desperate Housewives is such a hot show that everybody thinks is the sexiest thing on tv....there's not woman in that show under 40....it ought to be called "40 something". Nicolette Sheridan and Teri Hatcher have not aged well....but I guess the show is a great commercial for Botox...ha ha

Mind you...I didn't get "Sex in the City" either...same reasoning

In reply to Message (13424.1.1.1.1) Hello Off topic: mainstream movies/tv and originality

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Mon 29/11/04 18:55:25 GMT

My "what is it with hollywood" question was rhetorical, but anyway...

Have to admit that there is some imaginative programming on tv these days (as compared to the movies)...

Six Feet Under

Boston Legal (despite its echos of Ally McBeal and about half a dozen other shows revolving around lawyers and courtrooms)

Kingdom Hospital

Desperate Housewives (better than you might expect)

I think these shows credit their audiences with some intelligence, instead of pandering to America's lowest common denominator. Perhaps if it takes shows like this to hold up against all the reality crap, we might have hope for the future of scripted entertainment.

In reply to Message (13424.1.1.1) Hello Re: Re: Re: question about flim

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Mon 29/11/04 17:56:05 GMT

It's called laziness and lack of creativity and how to make a fast buck. Instead of having to develop new concepts and use writers....just re-hash old stuff.

That is why about 50% of the programming these days are reality tv shows...cos they require no actors and no writers....just rent a big house or dump some people on an island...and all you have to do is film whatever they say or do. Same goes for talk shows too....a cheap way to produce shows that make a lot of money.

The 1960's and 70's were so much more interesting....i.e. tv specials and variety shows...whatever happened to variety shows...those were great.

These days...the formula is....if a movie makes money....then rush out and make a sequel....and now the new trend....lets make the 2nd and 3rd sequel at the same time...it saves money...e.g. as they did with the Matrix films...and now they are doing the same thing with Disney's hit PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN. The first film was a hit and made loads of bucks...so now they are busy shooting the 2nd and 3rd film back to back at same time.

mk

In reply to Message (13424.1.1) Hello Re: Re: question about flim

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Mon 29/11/04 04:06:35 GMT

Hmm... perhaps the casting director for that movie should have at least skimmed the baywatch roster for an actress who could fill out a t-shirt more like jackie b. did (even if they can't act).

BTW (off topic)... what is with hollywood these days? All these remakes!

The Deep/Into the Blue

The Italian Job

Ocean's Eleven (and sequel to the remake Ocean's Twelve!)

Flight of the Phoenix

...and those are just a few recent examples... so much for imagination!

In reply to Message (13424.1) Hello Re: question about flim

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Mon 29/11/04 03:54:52 GMT

The reason they never heard of it....is because

a) it is "into the blue" not into the deep.. and

b) it has not yet been released in movie theatres....so your "shop" is not likely to see on video until at least 6 months later.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0378109/

The film is a supposed re-make the original THE DEEP....but having a waife like Jessica Alba play the role originally played by a voluptuous Jacqueline Bisset....is about as ridiculous as having an anorexic Sarah Michelle Geller playing voluptous Daphne on Scooby Doo.

Surely the producers of INTO THE DEEP knew they were heading into trouble and  miscasting the wrong actress to do this re-make....cos what was the very first thing Jessica Alba did....she demanded it be written into her contract that she would NOT have to re-enact the famous Jackie Bisset wet t shirt scene..and she refused to be in wet t shirt style scenes in the film.

NEXT BIT OF HILARIOUS MISCASTING....watch the new Gilligan's island reality tv series on TBS channel tomorrow night. There are 2 celebrities play each of the 2 characters from the show...i.e. 2 gingers...will go up against 2 Mary Annes. OK...so one of the gingers is played by Rod Stewarts expired-wives Rachel Hunter (Rod likes to change wives once they hit 30)..Rachel is statuesque and as tall as the 6 foot original Tina Louise...thats ok. But the other Ginger is played by....Nicole Eggert !!!...huh....she is 5 feet nothing...what is that supposed to be....a "mini me" version of Ginger....ha ha

But the previews look very nice...lots of wetlook and the cast wear all the same outfits...

mk

In reply to Message (13424) Hello question about flim

By darren t - uu Sun 28/11/04 19:59:13 GMT

There was a post here a few days ago about flim called "into the deep" it had a pic with it with this guy and gril underwater is this the right title for the flim as my shop said never herad of this flim, any 1 help me out!!

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.037 seconds to generate ]