Wetlook-Online

Message # 12881.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Re: Off Topic, Beta Conversion

Date: Thu 28/10/04 03:34:42 GMT

Name: MK us

Email: wamtec@compuserve.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

The solution is real easy.....i.e. why pay for the high price of having your Beta tapes converted....when you can easily just go on Ebay and find old Betamax machines for sale and just buy one.

The only thing you have to remember is....some of the older Betamax machines have no composite video inputs and outputs...so you cannot copy stuff using the red, yellow and white cables as you normally do. In the old days...you had to copy tapes by using the coaxial cable method...i.e. your tv cable...which means you have to sync the 2 machines together via the rf tuner....i.e. pop a tape into the betamax vcr..and connect a coaxial cable to your vhs vcr...and then use the rf tuner to tune into whatever channel that device is using (channel 3 or 4 in the USA...or channels 27 to 30 for uk pal machines using the uhf signal).

Very easy to do.

If you have an ATI all in wonder card...that has a coaxial port...so then you can just capture from an old Betamax machine in analog directly to your pc.

Therefore...just buy an old Betamax machine from Ebay...and then you can capture your old Beta tapes to your PC...and then burn a DVD from your pc.

MK

In reply to Message (12881.1) Hello Re: Off Topic, Beta Conversion

By Sopping - katakai@verizon.net us Thu 28/10/04 02:07:11 GMT

My alternative is to have my Betamax repaired by one of several firms, advertised on the net. That is pricey, but I have lotsa footage.

I have investigaged having my Beta converted. Most services offer conversions to VHS tape at an unacceptable price per foot or minute. But VHS is on the way out, DVD is in. So I will wait a little longer until either the prices drop or I can do it myself.

S:

In reply to Message (12881) Info Off Topic, Beta Conversion

By Drdamp - gb Thu 28/10/04 01:11:08 GMT

Info A message for Sopping. I saw your posting about your unwatchable beta tape. Here in the UK we have various companies that can convert 8mm film and beta to VHS and DVD. I would imagine that since such a service is available here that it will be available in the States too.I just had a wedding video on beta converted to VHS for a friend and it cost 24 pounds, I'll leave you to work out what that is in dollars.At least you have the option of updating the beta video to a more modern media form.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.017 seconds to generate ]