minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Sat 20/04/24 14:34:42 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

MyWetloook

Message # 1193.1.1.2

Subject: Hello Re: What's our promised future coming to?!

Date: Fri 06/12/02 12:41:20 GMT

Name: AnthonyX ca

Email: anthonyx@jowc.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
The "old" net??? This is still the same "old" net... it's just what things have evolved into over recent years (what people choose to host on their sites and what browsers can do now).

Actually, WWW was created for sharing documents which were primarily (if not entirely) text (HTML). Take a look at any older web pages, and you'll find that the older it is, the less imagery (or other special effects) it contains relative to the words.

Unfortunate situation with Wet Kahuna... I liked his videos, and without a site, he can't sell them anymore. I hope he is able to find a new provider.

Bottom line is: you don't get something for nothing... hosting umpteen megabytes of content and supporting umpteen gigabytes of download traffic each month requires equipment which SOMEBODY has to pay for... ISPs don't do it because they like you... they do it because there are people (like Wet Kahuna and others) who will pay for the service. Since the ISP's costs are related to how much web hosting capacity and bandwidth they can offer, they have to pass on that price/capacity relationship to their customers in the form of hosting space and traffic limits and/or surcharges. Maybe what isn't all that apparent is the true cost of internet services... I know that at the last place I worked, a 2 megabit DSL business connection cost somewhere around a couple of hundred $CDN/month. I presume the connection could have been run saturated 24x7 without any surcharges (unlike domestic subscriptions). I don't think there are very many of us willing to fork out that kind of money for our internet connections.

Apparently, Wet Kahuna pushed the envelope a little too far with his hosting company, and they exercised their right to pull the plug on him. As I said above, I too look forward to his return.

In reply to Message (1193.1.1) Exclamation What's our promised future coming to?!

By klm4748 - uu Fri 06/12/02 02:51:01 GMT

Aren't pictures the whole point of the WWW over just the old text-based Net?! Sheesh! Well, WK, if you get a chance to read this, I wish you the greatest luck. We miss you!
In reply to Message (1193.1) Info Re: Missing in action?

By wetjeans - stevefraser4@aol.com gb Fri 06/12/02 01:52:09 GMT

unfortunatly his web server closed down his site as apparently there were to many pictures on it

In reply to Message (1193) Depressed Missing in action?

By soggybottom - us Thu 05/12/02 23:25:18 GMT

Is Wet Kahuna gone? I haven't been able to access for a while. It was a great site.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.028 seconds to generate ]