WetlookPro

Message # 11770.4

Subject: Hello Re: off topic - tks to all re tech advice

Date: Tue 24/08/04 06:19:54 GMT

Name: driversoft gb

Email: undefined

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Yup - AdAware is one of the best tools available for removing pesky spyware - SpyBot is another favourite - both are free for home use.

I've just installed SP2 for XP, and IE is upgraded with a decent popup blocker - you can block and/or enable popups on a site specific basis if you want - some sites do use legitimate popups, after all.

In reply to Message (11770) Hello off topic - tks to all re tech advice

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Sat 21/08/04 02:35:13 GMT

THE GOOD NEWS IS ...thanks to everybody for their tips on how to rid IE browser of infection....cos I finally managed to solve the problem last night (without doing a system restore..which is something I don't trust doing). If anybody is interested, ...I found the insidious little !@#$%^& that was causing all the problems...something called "wtools.exe" and it's related programs. The program defines itself as being a an "IE helper"....hmmm..thats like say a kidnapper who hijacks you is a "helper"..give me a break. FYI...for anybody that needs an assessement of the dozen or so spyware/adware identifying and removal systems I test...I tried them all, and the only software that identified this and told me to get rid of it was  WIN PATROL.  So...from the top 10 adware removal softwares that are freeware that I tried, first place goes to WIN PATROL, and 2nd place goes to AD-AWARE....those 2 get my highest marks...none of the others flagged this Wtools.exe parasite as being the cause of the problem. Tks to everybody who took time out to offer their suggestions. Hopefully this discussion will benefit other non-techies like myself who do not understand how to read the registry..i.e. if your browser gets hijacked...Win Patrol and Ad Aware are your 2 best freeware softwares that can aid the lay people like us to disinfect their IE browser.

THE BAD NEWS IS....or rather...the irony is...this is the biggest response I have had to one of my postings in months...ha ha ...I never get that amount of feedback for my wetlook posts....maybe I should give up wetlook postings now... and just talk about tech issues in future......just kidding.

MK

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.023 seconds to generate ]