Wetlook-Online

Message # 11762.1.2.1.1

Subject: Note oops, forgot the link [nt]

Date: Sat 21/08/04 00:18:19 GMT

Name: Hobie ch

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

(no text)
In reply to Message (11762.1.2.1) Hello Re: Re: Re: off topic for MK and his XP prob

By Hobie - ch Fri 20/08/04 22:53:19 GMT

True words Anthony! You've obviously done some programming yourself. By the way, according to the british security experts from 'mi2g', Linux servers have been under substantial attack lately and attacks on MS Servers have been fewer. Here's a link to an article (in German), confirming your opinion. It's already reality.
In reply to Message (11762.1.2) Talking Re: Re: off topic for MK and his XP prob

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Fri 20/08/04 15:56:26 GMT

You have to bear in mind that the main reason IE is so vulnerable to adware/spyware is because it is the #1 browser, so developers of such nasty things will target it preferentially. Same logic applies to viruses and Windows. Nobody is going to waste their time writing a virus to infect little-used O/S, even one that has security holes, simply because a small user base is an unattractive target.

The only reason O/Ss like Linux appear to be safe from viruses is because virus writers haven't bothered much with it, and that's because it doesn't have anywhere near the installed base Windows does. If Linux becomes more attractive (and popular) because of its apparent safety relative to Windows, it won't last. As the gap closes, virus writers WILL shift their attention to it, and viruses, trojans, worms etc. for Linux WILL sprout up. The number one platform (no matter whose) will always be the number one target for malicious programmers. And don't think for one minute that Linux is technically any more secure than Windows, because it ISN'T. And, what makes Linux MORE vulnerable than Windows is that ALL of its source code is PUBLIC. At least Windows is proprietary, so virus writers have a reverse-engineering problem. For Linux, all anyone would have to do is read the source code to look for vulernabilities which are bound to be there.

The only reason MS software seems flawed relative to other products is because so many people are using it that all the flaws are bound to surface. The lesser used products only seem more solid because they are used less, so the flaws don't surface as often. It may seem a paradox, but this actually makes MS products more solid because defects surface more quickly, giving developers the opportunity to correct them.

In reply to Message (11762.1) Hello Re: off topic for MK and his XP prob

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Fri 20/08/04 11:04:08 GMT

Thanks....but I do not have any faith and confidence in Microsoft products....i.e. if they produce a very flawed mail client called OUTLOOK that is full of security loopholes and problems, and they produce a browser that is so full of flaws that every parasite can exploit it's weaknesses....what makes you think that Microsoft's system restore is going to work and will be any less flawed than OutLook or IE is.

The last time I tried system restore...my pc hanged and went frozen during that process..and then I lost my entire desktop and could not longer boot windows. I cannot afford to have that happen again.

Being a layman and not a techie...I prefer to play it safe...and just quarantine the bad browser and use Mozilla instead.

I do not have any confidence in "Restore" functions.

FYI...I have several different brands of dvd burners and recorders...and every time when a dvd starts getting errors...all these dvd recorders suddenly go into "DISK RECOVERY" mode as an onscreen message....which is a complete and utter "joke"...cos so far...I have encountered the bad disk/disk recovery mode several hundred times...and guess how many times the disk recovery actually worked.... nil, zip, nada, never, squat...ha ha. The end results is always the same...the disk is NEVER recovered...and all you can do is eject it and throw it as a frisbee for your dog to chase after.

Features like SYSTEM RESTORE and DISK RECOVERY are just pure baloney features where manufacturers like to trick the public into gaining false confidence over their faulty products...ha ha.

MK

In reply to Message (11762) Hello off topic for MK and his XP prob

By auswet - au Fri 20/08/04 09:59:48 GMT

Have a look at this kellys korner seems to have a lot of good gen on XP that may help you.

Auswet

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.033 seconds to generate ]