WetlookPro

Message # 11762.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Re: off topic for MK and his XP prob

Date: Fri 20/08/04 13:38:03 GMT

Name: Stinky us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I beg to differ Mark.  I've been running XP (Pro Edition) since it's release and of course, with it being a Microsoft product, I've had various problems arise from time to time.  The System Restore feature repaired them the majority of the time.  But twice I had IE6.01 problems and had to follow the following procedure:  XP has a System File Checker utility.  Go to the Run command in the Start Menu and type in sfc /scannow.  It'll check your system for corrupted files, including IE.  When found, you will be prompted to insert your Windows XP disk, and then the program will do everything else for you.  This resolved my IE problems both times.  I understand your apprehension with doing this 'cause I imagine your hard disk is loaded with all kind of goodies.  I also share in your feeling about Microsoft and their crappy products.  I too have installed Mozilla Firefox and Netscape's latest on my PC, but the hard cold fact of the matter is sometimes you just have to use IE, otherwise the page site won't display properly or maybe not even at all.....For example, my bank's site where I do all my online banking.  It won't take Mozilla at all, but will work fine with Netscape.  On the other hand, with a couple other "Secure" sites I use (credit card and Power Company), only IE will work.  I reckon some of those sites that display "Optimized for Internet Explorer" really mean it.

Back to your problem, I hope what I mentioned above will resolve your IE problem as it did mine.  But if not and you need to go deeper, I've enclosed the following link for your convenience:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378

I hope this will help you, man.  I'm just trying to give a little something back to you for all you do for us.  Thankyou.

In reply to Message (11762.1) Hello Re: off topic for MK and his XP prob

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Fri 20/08/04 11:04:08 GMT

Thanks....but I do not have any faith and confidence in Microsoft products....i.e. if they produce a very flawed mail client called OUTLOOK that is full of security loopholes and problems, and they produce a browser that is so full of flaws that every parasite can exploit it's weaknesses....what makes you think that Microsoft's system restore is going to work and will be any less flawed than OutLook or IE is.

The last time I tried system restore...my pc hanged and went frozen during that process..and then I lost my entire desktop and could not longer boot windows. I cannot afford to have that happen again.

Being a layman and not a techie...I prefer to play it safe...and just quarantine the bad browser and use Mozilla instead.

I do not have any confidence in "Restore" functions.

FYI...I have several different brands of dvd burners and recorders...and every time when a dvd starts getting errors...all these dvd recorders suddenly go into "DISK RECOVERY" mode as an onscreen message....which is a complete and utter "joke"...cos so far...I have encountered the bad disk/disk recovery mode several hundred times...and guess how many times the disk recovery actually worked.... nil, zip, nada, never, squat...ha ha. The end results is always the same...the disk is NEVER recovered...and all you can do is eject it and throw it as a frisbee for your dog to chase after.

Features like SYSTEM RESTORE and DISK RECOVERY are just pure baloney features where manufacturers like to trick the public into gaining false confidence over their faulty products...ha ha.

MK

In reply to Message (11762) Hello off topic for MK and his XP prob

By auswet - au Fri 20/08/04 09:59:48 GMT

Have a look at this kellys korner seems to have a lot of good gen on XP that may help you.

Auswet

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.020 seconds to generate ]