Wetlook-Online

Message # 11508.1

Subject: Hello Re: ..I think I can guess where this took place

Date: Thu 05/08/04 15:56:28 GMT

Name: MK us

Email: wamtec@compuserve.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I don't know this new movie (apparently a new kinds of JAWS movie)...but the press say it opened in 19 cities this week...and this is what one critic wrote..note the last paragraph...

WE HAVE TWO WORDS to describe the power of director- writer Chris Kentis' movie "Open Water": forget "Jaws." This tale - based on a number of true-life experiences - tells of an attractive, stressed-out young couple who, while scuba diving on vacation, get stranded in the middle of shark-infested waters. Shot for ultrarealism on stark digital video, the film stars unknowns Blanchard Ryan and Daniel Travis. Coming in at an unbearably tense 82 minutes, this thriller delivers genuine chills, horror and poignancy for which the high-budget "The Village" strains. The final image of Ryan is among the most haunting ever put on screen. (My one cavil is a gratuitous full nude of the female star. Her hunky onscreen hubby is not revealed, in a scene that, in fairness, should have shown both.)

At the premiere Monday night, the audience staggered out as if stunned upside the head by a big fish fin. Thank goodness there were Sharktini cocktails aplenty at the amusing Coral Bar after- party, where ladies in little dresses and high heels swam in the huge fish tanks. (The Lions Gate folks considered putting fake blood in the water, but decided that was too gruesome.)

UNQUOTE

Using my Sherlock Holmes skills...and hazarding a wild guess...I think the "Coral Bar" they are referring to is a misprint..and my guess is...this probably took place at the "Coral Room" which is located in the Chelsea district of NYC.

I know a bit about this place cos I have been working with an independent film producer call Sarah Dionne for the last 2 years on her film project to make a movie about the mermaids of Weeki Wachee...and she has held several fund raisers to raise financing for her aquatic film at this bar...cos it has a huge underwater tank behind the bar where they have girls swimming in dresses and mermaid tails 3-4 nights a week..to entertain the patrons. They rent the bar out to film makers and photographers who want to film models in their water tank...so I bet the producers of this Open Water movie probably hired their girls to swim in the tank in their dresses & heels for their party...cos they already do that every week anyway...as part of their regular show.

Here is a link to the website for this place. We were thinking to hire it out for some of our future video projects too...cos the owner is very reasonable and will let you hire the place out for photo and video shoots.

here is the link...if you live in New York City...you may wanna check this place out....but call them to check what their schedule is...cos some nights they have girls only swimming in mermaid tails...and other nights they have the girls swimming in red dresses etc.

http://coralroomnyc.com/coral_index.htm

MK

In reply to Message (11508) Hello Open Water Movie

By Magician - gb Thu 05/08/04 00:46:37 GMT

According to the Daily Mail UK today, there was a premier party for the forthcoming movie 'Open Water' which is a sort of Jaws movie, but at the party there were 'stunning models wearing mini dresses and high heels swimming in fish tanks during the party...'

Has anybody found some photos???

Magician

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.018 seconds to generate ]