Wetlook-Online

Message # 11287.2.1

Subject: Hello Re: Re: News headlines: fountains drying up

Date: Fri 23/07/04 06:43:14 GMT

Name: MK us

Email: wamtec@compuserve.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Gee...I don't remember that. Perhaps that was after I left the UK in 1979. I know Crystal Palace park very well...e.g. all the dinosaur statues were great to see when I went there as a kid in the 1960's. That park is also very famous as being the location for the classic 1966 thriller movie BLOWUP with David Hemmings and Vanessa Redgrave.

FYI...Crystal Palace park used to have lots of great wetlook there in the late 60's and early 70's...cos they used to have outdoor concerts there...on a grassy embankment in front of the bandshell stage...and there was a lake in front of the music stage...so all the concert goers would wade into the lake in order to get closer to the stage and be nearer the musicians. I remember going to see a Bob Marley concert once in Crystal Palace park in the early 70's ...and there were loads of girls wading in the lake in front of the stage.

MK

In reply to Message (11287.2) Hello Re: News headlines: fountains drying up

By glenn - gb Thu 22/07/04 22:27:31 GMT

They say lightning does'nt strike twice, This designer had a previous attempt at a water cascade in crystal palace park, south london. (MK will remember this park) Which surprise surprise has been dry for years
In reply to Message (11287) Note News headlines: fountains drying up

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Thu 22/07/04 13:54:47 GMT

In case you haven't heard...

A somewhat controversial fountain in London, built as a memorial to Princess Diana, which some critics have described as "little more than a granite drainage ditch" has been closed (the water shut off) due to safety reasons. Apparently a lot of visitors have taken to wading in the shallow water, and a few have slipped and fallen, sustaining injuries. It was completed earlier this year, and was only offically opened earlier this month.

In related news, several days ago a "water garden" in Dallas Fort Worth was closed following an incident in which 4 people drowned. The structure will be recognizeable to fans of the movie "Logan's Run" as it appears in a couple of scenes. The drownings resulted when some young children fell into a swirling pool at the base of the structure. Given the obvious hazards, what people in their right minds would let their kids near such a thing?

In government's headlong rush to protect us from ourselves, wetlook's simplest pleasures may be disappearing.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.035 seconds to generate ]