MyWetloook

Message # 11287.1.1.1.1

Subject: Scatter Re: Re: Re: Re: News headlines: fountains drying up

Date: Fri 23/07/04 01:13:03 GMT

Name: AnthonyX ca

Email: anthonyx@jowc.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I'm sure the artist would love to see all that granite plastered with brightly colored flower-motif no-slip bathtub stickers!

In reply to Message (11287.1.1.1) Hello Re: Re: Re: News headlines: fountains drying up

By klm4748 - uu Thu 22/07/04 22:14:43 GMT

The BBC story I read said it was designed to be accessible, and 'inclusive'. I suppose the circle is what 'means' inclusiveness. So maybe shutting the water off is better than fencing the memorial off and being _ex_clusive. But another story I read said that plans are to turn it back on at some point, maybe with no-slip stickers for bathtubs... ;)
In reply to Message (11287.1.1) Hello Re: Re: News headlines: fountains drying up

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Thu 22/07/04 15:46:08 GMT

When it was formally dedicated, some of the news reports had said something about the "artist's" vision... that it was somehow symbolic of Di's life, but I had a hard time swallowing what was said. About it's only virtue is that as monuments go, it is somewhat unique, not that it's saying much.

Perhaps not quite as simple as renting a backhoe... got to call for a truckload or two of concrete to line it first... then you'll have your very own monument.

In reply to Message (11287.1) Hello Re: News headlines: fountains drying up

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Thu 22/07/04 14:56:02 GMT

Yeah...I saw it featured on several tv spots....totally hopeless for wetlook possibilities...cos the water is only ankle deep...and rushes by quite dangerously ....like water in a gutter running into a drain...very easy to cause kids to slip over.

I could see how dangerous it was from the tv spots...standing in ankle deep water that is zooming around in a huge circular "drainage ditch"..which is an apt name to describle how it looks. Somebody was probably paid millions to design this "work or art"....I had a ditch like that running by the side of my old ranch...we call that a culvert here in Florida...and you don't need a designer to make it....just rent a backhoe and it will dig the job for you in 2-3 hours... ha ha.

I am amazed that the designer did not consider the safety ramifications when they opened it to the public....it is about as dangerous as a weir is.

I am trying to think what this monument was supposed to portray....a circle of ankle deep rushing water....it's beyond me.

MK

In reply to Message (11287) Note News headlines: fountains drying up

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Thu 22/07/04 13:54:47 GMT

In case you haven't heard...

A somewhat controversial fountain in London, built as a memorial to Princess Diana, which some critics have described as "little more than a granite drainage ditch" has been closed (the water shut off) due to safety reasons. Apparently a lot of visitors have taken to wading in the shallow water, and a few have slipped and fallen, sustaining injuries. It was completed earlier this year, and was only offically opened earlier this month.

In related news, several days ago a "water garden" in Dallas Fort Worth was closed following an incident in which 4 people drowned. The structure will be recognizeable to fans of the movie "Logan's Run" as it appears in a couple of scenes. The drownings resulted when some young children fell into a swirling pool at the base of the structure. Given the obvious hazards, what people in their right minds would let their kids near such a thing?

In government's headlong rush to protect us from ourselves, wetlook's simplest pleasures may be disappearing.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.049 seconds to generate ]