WetlookPro

Message # 11131.1

Subject: Hello Re: Old Songkhran

Date: Wed 14/07/04 05:52:57 GMT

Name: MK us

Email: wamtec@compuserve.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Very nice....makes me wish I was there in the 1960's too.

That same river and bridge are still there today....it is called the Ping River....more aptly called the "Pong" river...ha ha...and that is the Narawat Bridge.

These days very few people go in the river...only the kids play in it....and all the action now takes place around the main city center canal and side streets.

It must have been great to attend Songkran in the 1960's and 70's....cos these days it is somewhat ruined by..."US"...i.e. too many foreigners and western influences....i.e. the Songkran tradition has been bastardized by western influences....i.e. Songkran was never about super soaker water guns and huge blocks of ice and ice water being chucked on you...those are all western inventions.

Same thing happened in Bali...that place was a paradise when I first went there in the 1970's...and these days it is over run by surfer dudes and backpackers.

I must be weird....but when I visit foreign countries...I like to experience the local culture, the food, the local people etc...and I prefer to avoid the places where too many foreigners go to.

MK

In reply to Message (11131) Hello Old Songkhran

By Sopping - katakai@verizon.net um Wed 14/07/04 02:23:55 GMT

To MK and other Songkhran visitors:

http://vintagewet.grayhost.net/wfa/scrap2/m/a03/v93932.jpg

Today's vintage wet posting (above) was a photo that was in a tourist booklet I had in the 1960s. At that time, Chiangmai Songkhran was celebrated by everybody going down to the large shallow river and getting themselves and others wet. I never made it --- I was employed and had work to do. But, I do not remember the canal and the vehicles throwing water as being the focus of the exercise. The river was.

I had seen photos taken by friends, and those in the newspapers that definitely focused on the river, hundreds of  people wading and soaking.It looked to me as if it would have been more fun.

Any observations on this?

S:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.025 seconds to generate ]