MyWetloook

Message # 10868.1.1.1.1.1.2

Subject: Hello Off Topic Re: Supercar remembered

Date: Thu 01/07/04 18:55:28 GMT

Name: Douglas Wayne Dress2Splash us

Email: Dress2Splash@hotmail.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

When I was a pre-teen in the early '60s, our locally-

produced kids afternoon TV show was not your typical clown

show.

Our guy had class - he was an Astronaut!  Major Astro.

Each day, from 3:30 to 5:00, Major Astro would play

different shows on his "Space Scope" at his "Spaceport" at

te TV station, inclusing "The Adventures of Superman",

"Space Angel" and, of course, "Supercar".

Anthony - does this cast of characters jar your memory?

Professor Popkiss - Supercar's "MIssion Control" guy

Doctor Beeker - Supercar's inventor,

Mike Mercury - the test pilot who flew Supercar

Jimmy Gibson - a young boy MIke Mercury rescued at sea

in the pilot episode, alonmg with

Mitch - Jimmy's pet chimpanzee

And the bad guys:

MasterSpy

Zarin

Supecar was based at a secret base in Nevada called Black Rock.

Each time out, they had to "Open The Roof Doors" and Mike Mercury would pull the levers back for "Full Boost Vertical"

and so began another adventure for Supercar.

Sound familiar yet?

- Doug

In reply to Message (10868.1.1.1.1.1) Hello Off topic: Gerry Anderson shows and spoofs

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Mon 28/06/04 02:43:09 GMT

I vaguely remember Supercar from my days in England... watched it a lot as a child but can't remember much about it any more.

Fireball XL5 was re-run in Canada a few years ago on "Space" channel when it launched.

Also remember Stingray from childhood (it too had a second life in recent years)... I was a devoted viewer as a child.

I had heard of Joe 90 when I was a kid, don't think I ever saw it though...

I only "discovered" Captain Scarlett in its brief second life on our Space channel a few years ago...

Was a big fan of Thunderbirds and U.F.O... definitely remember the sexy women in U.F.O... those hairstyles/wigs and costumes would be right at home in today's fetishwear scene I think.

I remember watching Space 1999 quite faithfully, but eventually got turned off it when I began to notice how silly it was. I remember first being attracted to the show as much because of Barbara Bain as the Sci-Fi stuff, but in later seasons it was Catherine Schell who really kept me tuning in before the silliness tuned me out.

I've seen a couple of great parodies of Thunderbirds... one by animator Nick Park in his short film "The Wrong Trousers", and another in a computer-animated series called "ReBoot". I'd look forward to seeing the Peter Cook / Dudley Moore sketch... they are a great comedy team.

In reply to Message (10868.1.1.1.1) Hello Re: Re: Gerry Anderson RULES!!

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Sun 27/06/04 03:15:54 GMT

There is a pretty decent wet scene in one episode of Space 1999 too...a rain scene as I recall. You guys are probably too young to remember...but prior to FireBall XL5 there were Gerry's earlier shows from 1959 to 1963.., Twizzle, Torchy the Battery Boy, Four Feather Falls and Supercar...which were only shown in the UK I think...those were my earliest memories as a 5 year old.

Many of Gerry Anderson's ideas were kinda ripped off in later years by other tv shows...i.e. the 3 "Angels" fighter pilots in Captain Scarlett and the Mysterons from 1967...I am sure Aaron Spelling had that in mind when he cast his Charlies Angels series...cos they sure look familiar...likewise...look at the 1968 show "Joe 90" and compare that to the 1990's NBC series..."The Pretender"...and it is basically the same concept show.

Personally, I could never get into Space 1999...I preferred his earlier 1970 series "U.F.O"....mainly cos I loved all the miniskirts abd boots on that series...ha ha

The funniest thing that none of you guys have seen...was in the mid 1960's when Peter Cook and Dudley Moore did a comedy sketch based on the Thunderbirds characters. If they ever release footage from the old Peter Cook & Dudley Moore shows from the 1960's...their parody of Thunderbirds is a classic piece of comedy well worth tracking down.

MK

In reply to Message (10868.1.1.1) Hello Re: Gerry Anderson RULES!!

By Francis Chu - sfchu@tig.com.au au Sat 26/06/04 18:18:12 GMT

I still watch Thunderbirds today!

Supersyl, I also watched Space 1999, and found it a bit far fetched at times.

In reply to Message (10868.1.1) Thumbs Up Gerry Anderson RULES!!

By Supersyl - ca Sat 26/06/04 15:01:31 GMT

Thunderbirds was my favorite show as a kid!!! Along with Space 1999!!!! Fireball Xl-5 and Stingray also....
In reply to Message (10868.1) Hello Re: Wetlook alert - upcomin movie - a guilty pleasure

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Sat 26/06/04 14:38:18 GMT

Not sure what I want to say in response to that. Suffice to say that I also spent many hours watching the very same shows - probably appreciating them in much the same way!
In reply to Message (10868) Hello Wetlook alert - upcomin movie - a guilty pleasure

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Sat 26/06/04 10:28:30 GMT

Website: http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/thunderbirds/index.html

A guilty pleasure is something you know you should not really enjoy...but anybody who was a kid who grew up in the 1960's (as I did) always enjoyed watching "ThunderBirds" and all those other puppet series created by Gerry Anderson. The new live action movie that will debut next month is something many of us big kids have been waiting for. OK...so there are some wet scenes with passengers in a sunken bus and other underwater rescue stuff...this my kind of movie...see the cool trailer...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/thunderbirds/index.html

Actually...I blame Gerry Anderson for turning me into a wetlook weirdo back in 1964....cos it was the sight of "Marina" swimming fully clothed each week on "Stingray" that really did me in...

... and now...I am checking myself into the Funny Farm.

MK

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.007 seconds to generate ]